Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Flying ATL - MPL via CDG with 4.5 hour layover outbound, 1.5 hours on return. Tips?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying ATL - MPL via CDG with 4.5 hour layover outbound, 1.5 hours on return. Tips?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Flying ATL - MPL via CDG with 4.5 hour layover outbound, 1:45 on return. Tips?

Hey everyone. This is my first time flying into Montpellier. It's also my first plane change and layover at CDG.

I'm a Delta Platinum Medallion and Million Miler. I have the Amex DL Reserve and Amex Platinum (therefore Priority Pass) cards.

I'm flying ATL-CDG in DL Comfort+ on Delta metal, and have a regular seat on the Air France codeshare to MPL.

Any guidance you can offer on changing terminals, best lounge to camp out in, and any tips on navigating MPL are appreciated.

On the return I have a tight layover in CDG on the return flight (1 hour 45 minutes) and appreciate any tips on navigating that just as efficiently as possible. I would have preferred a longer layover, but I at least took the first flight of the day so there are backup flights to the US if required.

Thank you! Flights below.

Atlanta, GA (ATL) ► Paris-De Gaulle, France (CDG) DL 84
Departs
06/03/2022 @ 10:00 PM
Arrives
06/04/2022 @ 12:20 PM

Flight Number: Paris-De Gaulle, France (CDG) ► Montpellier, France (MPL) DL 8615
Departs
06/04/2022 @ 5:00 PM
Arrives
06/04/2022 @ 6:20 PM *operated by Air France

Flight Number: Montpellier, France (MPL) ► Paris-De Gaulle, France (CDG) DL 8621
Departs
06/10/2022 @ 6:00 AM
Arrives
06/10/2022 @ 7:25 AM *operated by Air France

Flight Number: Paris-De Gaulle, France (CDG) ► Atlanta, GA (ATL) DL 83
Departs
06/10/2022 @ 9:10 AM
Arrives
06/10/2022 @ 12:50 PM

Last edited by BostonGuy; May 23, 2022 at 9:13 pm Reason: corrected layover time
Old May 24, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: FB Gold
Nothing complicated doing the correspondance at CDG. You'll arrive at one of the 2E halls and proceed through passport and security contrôle, and the flight will depart from 2F along with all the other Schengen flights. I'm not familiar with the DL status but I assume the diamond medallian is equal or higher than ST Elite Plus, so you'd have access to the decent, if crowded, lounge at 2F.

MPL isn't a big airport at all; just one terminal.

On the reverse trip, I wouldn't worry, 1h45m is sufficient to do a transfer all on one ticket and like you said, if something goes wrong there's many flights CDG - ATL daily.
Old May 24, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: Some...
On the inbound, after disembarking from MPL-CDG, make sure the check where your flight to ATL is departing from : one of the 3 2E halls (K, L or M). After that, follow the signage and you'll be good. You'll have more than enough time in any case.

For the lounge, you'll not have the choice : the one where your flight is departing from (2F on the outbound, 2E K,L or M in the inbound).

Your amex cards will only be useful for shopping
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA 2MM
I agree with mlin32 about MPL. There is not much to navigate there, and the taxis/rental cars are right outside the exit door. Depending on where you are going after you arrive at MPL, I may be able to provide additional input. I live nearby for a good part of the year.

Any day that includes CDG has the potential to be a bad day (a little like the DC beltway). If you are not checking baggage, or if you are able to check bags all the way (you should be able to on DL/AF), then you should have plenty of time each way. If, for some reason, you do need to recheck bags at CDG, you could be a little tight on time on your return trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.