Car rental at CDG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car rental at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Car rental at CDG

Would love any thoughts on the best agencies for an elite at CDG. I’m Platinum on Hertz, PC on Avis and EE on National. Could probably get Platinum on Sixt if needed. Everyone is roughly the same price, so ultimately it comes down to which agency is most likely to get us the nicest car and fastest service. (We’re doing a one way to Bordeaux, so that might not help on the upgrade front.) Google reviews for all of them are downright awful, so …
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
I prefer Europcar, but they are basically all the same. Some people tell horror stories about all of the companies about a specific experience that they had, but it only holds true for that one experience.
Marambio likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Would love any thoughts on the best agencies for an elite at CDG. I’m Platinum on Hertz, PC on Avis and EE on National. Could probably get Platinum on Sixt if needed. Everyone is roughly the same price, so ultimately it comes down to which agency is most likely to get us the nicest car and fastest service. (We’re doing a one way to Bordeaux, so that might not help on the upgrade front.) Google reviews for all of them are downright awful, so …
I have had good experiences with Avis, Hertz and Sixt in Paris downtown (never rented at CDG). Sixt usually has the nicest cars in the cheapest fare brackets (Audi, BMW...). With Hertz and Avis you are likely to get a Renault or Peugeot. Just remember that shift is the norm in France - if you want an automatic car you will probably need to pay a surcharge.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Would love any thoughts on the best agencies for an elite at CDG. I’m Platinum on Hertz
Dude, if you are Plat with Hertz, why are you even asking? I'm Plat too and always get a nice Merc upgrade at CDG. I mostly rent at LYS in France, but LYS has been grim since COVID. CDG is still good.

When I walk up to the Hertz counter at terminal 2, there is always a throng of people there. I just raise my hand and say "Platinum" and they stop everything and hand me my keys and contract.
JohnnyP likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 4:03 pm

I'm Hertz Platinum as well. What's the arrangement for Platinum car pickup at CDG? Is the lot/car right outside or does one need to shuttle to the car/lot? Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2022, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by flyerwma
I'm Hertz Platinum as well. What's the arrangement for Platinum car pickup at CDG? Is the lot/car right outside or does one need to shuttle to the car/lot? Thanks!
CDG is easy in that you can walk right over to the terminal 2 lots/desks. And like I said above, just raise your hand and say "service platinum".

And I will update my post about LYS above to say that nice German cars have returned to Hertz Lyon.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
At CDG 2, no matter what company you use, the rental lot is just outside, in the middle of the terminal complex at ground level. Much easier than CDG 1 which reopens on December 1st and requires taking an elevator up inside the camembert.
tecate55 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.