Wiki Posts
Search

Advice needed regarding PSG tickets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Advice needed regarding PSG tickets

Hi everyone-- not exactly a travel-related question, but I'm hoping some of the Parisian flyertalkers can give me some advice. I happily just booked a trip to Paris with my family in April, and am hoping we make it this time -- our last attempt was a few years ago, we were scheduled to arrive just after France shut down the borders due to covid. Both of my kids are PSG fans, and I think it would make great memories if I can take them to a game while we're there. There is one home game while we're in town (against L'Orient, a few days before Champions League) but there are no tickets available via the PSG official website, and very few for sale by resellers (all in poorly situated seats). From reading online, it sounds like the PSG website has a resale market which opens a few weeks before the actual game. I'm wondering if I'm better off waiting until resales start in March (if that info is indeed correct) in the hopes that a lot of fans won't want to see a less-important game against a lower-table opponent and I can get decent seats, or if I should just buy what I can get now in order to ensure we'll be able to attend. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
Don't forget that you will probably still need proof of vaccination to attend then (either a pass sanitaire or your national acceptable equivalent). There will always be a resale market because when tickets are sold so far ahead of time, obviously many people will have to cancel and/or reschedule.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kerouac2
Don't forget that you will probably still need proof of vaccination to attend then (either a pass sanitaire or your national acceptable equivalent). There will always be a resale market because when tickets are sold so far ahead of time, obviously many people will have to cancel and/or reschedule.
thanks! We’re all double (or triple) vaccinated, so that shouldn’t be a problem.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:23 pm

Went to PSG game in Sept. Warning that tickets to non-season ticket holders for most european/UK games dont go on sale until 6-8 weeks before the game. IDK what PSG website is saying, but its unlikely that it it's "sold out". Rather, tickets havent opened yet. For example, bought Sept 15 tickets around early august. Considering the opponent, i doubt youll have trouble getting tickets from their website. Just monitor the website starting in February.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by whimsey21
...... and very few for sale by resellers (all in poorly situated seats)......
You probably know this already, but be careful of buying from resellers in France as there are strict rules (laws even) controlling the process. A couple of years ago I got a ticket to a Monaco home game vs PSG which had someone else's name printed on it. I had to feign complete ignorance and an inability to speak a word of French to get in to the stadium as the steward wanted to see ID with the ticket-holder's name on it. He eventually let me in because I was creating a bit of a blockage but I felt I was pretty lucky and learned not to try it again.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the advice. I’ll wait until tickets officially go on sale closer to the game date and also will plan to buy from psg or through their own resale channel. I did not know about the issues with resellers (plenty of them advertising tickets online), so appreciate the warning there- I don’t want to run into issues at the stadium for no good reason.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
The spectator limit in stadiums has been reduced to 5000 for at least the next 3 weeks. That means that even most people with tickets will not be able to attend. Be sure to watch how the situation evolves in the spring.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Hi all- one follow up on question. I followed the advice on this thread and bought my tickets via the official resale channel a couple of weeks ago- my
son is thrilled to be going to a game. I saw on the PdP website that ID is required to get into the stadium. I hate to have to carry our passports around (especially on what will probably be a very crowded metro train after the night game)- do you think they would accept photocopies of our passports or is physical ID something they’d be strict about? My son is too young to have any other form of official ID than his passport. Thanks for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.