Nice Train Station

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nice Train Station

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Nice Train Station

Considering taking the train from NIce to Monte Carlo to catch a cruise. WIll have luggage so was wondering how difficult it is to navigate the train station or should I just take Uber?

As for Uber I know cars in Europe are smaller- can you get an Uber that would fit 4 people with their luggage?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: DL PM
the nice station is fine but the monaco train station can be a little difficult if you're not familiar with it, it's built inside a mountain and exiting can be a little confusing with lots of stairs/escalators to get down to the port -- to get to where the large cruise ships dock you'd want to take the stairs in the middle of the platform (these stairs are located basically right where the back end of the train stops), take the two long escalators down, walk left through the corridor to get outside, then walk around to the other side of the port (~15min walking once you're outside)

in the uber app you can request a van if you need more space (for more $ of course)
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
Train is perfectly fine but if you don't mind spending ~Euro50, you can take Uber too
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Where are you starting? Can you walk to the Nice station with your luggage?

IMO for four people, it wouldn't seem worth the struggle to take the train.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Will probably do Uber. I was thinking the train more for the scenery not necessarily the money. I am staying at the Boscolo so not near the train station.

From the airport though I am thinking the tram may be more convenient as there is a station right outside the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.