Family departing CDG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family departing CDG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Family departing CDG

For my family of four departing CDG on a Saturday morning (mid-April) out of T1 (Aer Lingus) to DUB, how much time to we need to allow after arriving at CDG T1 to comfortably check-in, clear security and get to the gate? It is a 10 AM departure and we will have zero status. Also traveling with 5 and 8 year old kids so I need to allow for a slower travel pace...

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The longest line is usually the passport control to exit the Schengen area, and this is unpredictable but 10 am is a busy time. I would arrive at the airport 2hrs before flight. Not less than 90 min.
geo1005 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
I go through terminal 1 fairly often and 45 minutes to 1 hour in the passport control line is very common. If you are checking luggage, I would, at an absolute minimum, be at the check in desk no later than 2 hours before your scheduled departure. 2+30 would not be too soon.
geo1005 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thank you all for the responses - very helpful and right in line with what I was thinking.
Plan on arriving 2+ hours at the check-in desk. ^
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
I arrived at CDG T1 with my family at 7:00 AM for a 9:45 departure on a Saturday last August. Check-in was a madhouse. Although I had time to get us all checked in, file for a VAT refund, have a quick bite at the gate (I don't recommend Le Brioche Dorée!), and even to play a couple of tunes on the piano at the gate, we did not feel relaxed. We had wheelchair assistance which got us through security and through the airport faster than other passengers. I think two hours would be too little with kids their age. I'd plan to arrive two and a half hours early.
geo1005 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.