Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Backup plan on getting to CDG

Old May 2, 18, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

My family booked a vacation package that included airport transfer with Air City Service, which we couldnít opt out of. Not wanting to waste money, we plan on simply using the taxi if the car doesnít show up at the airport on arrival.

The problem is the day of departure. Our plane will be at CDG T1, 10:20am on a Friday, and the driver is supposedly going to meet us around 6:40am. Our hotel is near Gare Montparnasse, so I thought if the car doesnít show up on time the hotel could call a taxi that morning... but is that cutting it a little close?

Should we just have our hotel reserve a taxi and ignore the transport reservation?
Old May 2, 18, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Do you have any reason to believe the reserved car will not show up ?
Worst case scenario is indeed to take a taxi or Uber. Nothing to worry about. At that time, it will be quick to reach CDG.
Old May 17, 18, 5:52 pm

Programs: Last 1K flight 1/21/11; fun while it lasted, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 &
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Do you have any reason to believe the reserved car will not show up ?
Worst case scenario is indeed to take a taxi or Uber. Nothing to worry about. At that time, it will be quick to reach CDG.
However, if the original poster lacks elite status with the airline, 3 hours is not an unreasonable amount of time to allow at CDG. With elite status, I would never, ever, allow myself less than two hours. If traffic is good we're still talking 40 minutes from Montparnasse to CDG? So for a 10:20am departure, I'd say he's perfect with his 6:40am pickup time, but would not want to push it past 7am (without status; 7:40am with).

Also, if unfamiliar with T1 (Airport by Escher!), it can be, shall we say, disorienting? Pretty amazing terminal.
Old May 20, 18, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG Platinum Elite, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, SPG, AGR
Do you plan to have a lot of bags? Because there's the RER (regional rail) which very efficiently gets to Paris from CDG. The closest RER stop to Gare Montparnasse is Port Royal. Not sure where your hotel is, but I imagine you could get a car from there.

Search this Thread