Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eurovelo 6 - Bike store recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Eurovelo 6 - Bike store recommendations

Super niche question, so appreciate no one is available to advise!

I am looking to buy a (new or second hand) touring bike at the start of the Eurovelo 6 cross-Europe cycle, in Nantes.

Any suggestions on bike shops that a) are likely to have stock and b) will be happy and able to help someone with very little (read none) French?

Thanks!

R
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by RichardAtCT
Super niche question, so appreciate no one is available to advise!

I am looking to buy a (new or second hand) touring bike at the start of the Eurovelo 6 cross-Europe cycle, in Nantes.

Any suggestions on bike shops that a) are likely to have stock and b) will be happy and able to help someone with very little (read none) French?

Thanks!

R
Just looked it up; looks like a lot of fun! Any particular reason why you don't bring your own bike with you? Cost to fly International with a bike generally runs $200 each way. I admit it could be fun though to buy something there, making the event kind of self-contained, but you'd still be stuck with either trying to sell it before your return or bring it back with you.

I'm not a fan of sporting-goods stores selling bikes (I own a local bike shop in the SF Bay Area), but Decathlon Sports does quite a good business with bikes and you could research their offerings ahead of time so you wouldn't have to worry so much about language issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.