Wiki Posts
Search

reims to paris

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
reims to paris

I have purchased a train ticket from Paris (Gare d'est) to Reims for 17 euros, however when I try to purchase a return (but to CDG) the prices are around 40 euros!
This is more than the train plus metro (17 + 10) - do I really have to pay this much more to avoid multiple transfers?
There is a bus listed on the sncf site, but it won't give any details (time, length of journey) just price - can anyone help?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:14 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by estnet
I have purchased a train ticket from Paris (Gare d'est) to Reims for 17 euros, however when I try to purchase a return (but to CDG) the prices are around 40 euros!
This is more than the train plus metro (17 + 10) - do I really have to pay this much more to avoid multiple transfers?
There is a bus listed on the sncf site, but it won't give any details (time, length of journey) just price - can anyone help?
The flexible fare between Paris and Reims is around EUR 40; for a trip from Reims to CDG, it's around EUR 48. Theres's no guarantee that you will find a ticket at EUR 17 from Reims to Paris at the time and date you need.

In any case, even if you could find that fare, the difference between the two options (EUR 13) makes it a no-brainer. Take the direct train from Reims to CDG. You will avoid walking or taking the metro between Gare de l'Est and Gare du Nord, as well as the 40mn ride on RER B.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Fully agree with Jouy31. No brainer : take the train direct to CDG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.