8 hours at CDG

Old Jan 21, 17, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
8 hours at CDG

Connecting from QR to BA. Have 8 hours between flights. Would like to check my luggage to CDG, then recheck my bag with BA. Will I be allowed to check the bag with BA seven hours before the flight? Am flying in F tp CDG, so want to go lounge hopping at the airport. Also, want to see the Concorde that's at CDG.
​​​​​​​
Any advice how on OW lounges at CDG and connecting at the airport will be appreciated. I've only been to CDG once am unfamilar with the airport.
Old Jan 22, 17, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by startpacking View Post
Connecting from QR to BA. Have 8 hours between flights. Would like to check my luggage to CDG, then recheck my bag with BA. Will I be allowed to check the bag with BA seven hours before the flight? Am flying in F tp CDG, so want to go lounge hopping at the airport. Also, want to see the Concorde that's at CDG.
​​​​​​​
Any advice how on OW lounges at CDG and connecting at the airport will be appreciated. I've only been to CDG once am unfamilar with the airport.
Can you just check your luggage through to BA? This would save going through immigration, baggage claim, checking in and going back through security. Worth some time to explore if that's possible.

If not, BA has flights throughout the day from CDG so the BA check-in desk should be staffed. I would check when BA accepts check-in and luggge with BA. BTW, I have never had a very welcoming interaction with BA check-in at CDG.

Last time I flew BA out of CDG was a couple of years ago, and since BA has no lounge, they offered a choice of either Cathay or AA. Surprisingly, I have found AA the better of the two. Bright room with good amenities-plugs with recepticals for all 3 major electric configurations. Pretty spacious for an airport lounge. Breakfast buffet was robust (We skip the free buffet at the Hilton, which used to be great, and come here). If you have a choice of lounge, compare their hours to yours.
Old Jan 22, 17, 10:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
Last time I flew BA out of CDG was a couple of years ago, and since BA has no lounge, they offered a choice of either Cathay or AA. Surprisingly, I have found AA the better of the two. Bright room with good amenities-plugs with recepticals for all 3 major electric configurations. Pretty spacious for an airport lounge. Breakfast buffet was robust (We skip the free buffet at the Hilton, which used to be great, and come here). If you have a choice of lounge, compare their hours to yours.
Keep in mind that the Admirals Club at CDG closes shortly before the last AA flight departs for the US. Currently, according to AA.com, it is open 06:00 am - 12:00 noon.
Old Jan 22, 17, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
Keep in mind that the Admirals Club at CDG closes shortly before the last AA flight departs for the US. Currently, according to AA.com, it is open 06:00 am - 12:00 noon.
Yes, that's what I was afraid of. If OP's flights don't align well, I'd see what Cathay hours are with a view to using that lounge.

Good to know that Admirals opens at 6 am. You never know.....
Old Jan 23, 17, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
Thank you for the replies. I guess the Aa lounge is out of the question as I don't arrive at CDG until 12.30 pm. Looks like I'm stuck with CX's lounge.
Old Jan 24, 17, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by startpacking View Post
Looks like I'm stuck with CX's lounge.
There are certainly worst things in life than that...

Search this Thread