Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2.5 hour layover CDG??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

2.5 hour layover CDG??

I am planning to fly from Florence, Italy-Paris, France (CDG). The most affordable flight that I've found arrives at 2:35 pm and my transatlantic flight is at 5:00 PM.

Earlier flights are very expensive unless I fly from Pisa-Paris (Orly or Beauvais).

How early should I aim to be there? airFrance will not work with me to connect the flights so I could just go to my terminal.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:53 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, bcrach88. I am moving this over to the France Forum. You might also want to look at the Air France Forum (Airline Programs).
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Oh ok! Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by bcrach88
How early should I aim to be there? airFrance will not work with me to connect the flights so I could just go to my terminal.
I would arrive the day before.

Transatlantic baggage check-in cuts off one hour before scheduled departure giving you 1+25 to deplane, collect your luggage, make your way to the new check-in desk, and complete the check-in formalities.

It can be done but if there is any unforeseen problem or delay, you´ll be purchasing new, last minute tickets for a later flight. It would be too risky for me.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You don't give us enough details to make a proper assessment, like what is the other airline involved for the transatlantic flight (and consequently the departing terminal).
Old Mar 20, 2016, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Oh sorry!

I am planning to fly from Florence-CDG through AirFrance and it will be early July.

We bought our round trip tickets from Dulles, VA (USA)- CDG in February as the open jaw tickets were way too much money for us. We weren't positive about visiting Florence so we held off on those tickets for a bit.

We are traveling as 2 adults and 1 baby.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 1:15 pm

We are traveling as 2 adults and 1 baby.
With a baby, definitly arrive a day before. And even without one, that would remain the wise choice.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses! I thought I had posted a response yesterday but I must have had a hiccup on my phone.

We would really prefer to not lose an entire day or a half-day in Florence as our time is pretty limited. I saw that there are two other flights that *might* work. There is a 7:05 am flight from Florence-Paris, CDG which arrives at 8:55 am and then a 10 am flight from Florence-Paris, CDG arriving at 11:50 am. Would either of those be okay or is that still too risky? Obviously, the 10 am flight would be optimal so we could sleep in a bit more.

If we do fly in the evening before, there are flights through Vueling and AirFrance. Arriving late in the evening, with a baby and then having a flight from CDG at 5:00 pm the following day, what area in Paris would it be recommended for us to stay in and then what time would we need to start heading back to arrive at the airport? It seems like it would give us a morning to do something in Paris but it would be good to find a hotel where we could leave our luggage for a few hours and visit someplace nearby.

Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I saw that there are two other flights that *might* work. There is a 7:05 am flight from Florence-Paris, CDG which arrives at 8:55 am and then a 10 am flight from Florence-Paris, CDG arriving at 11:50 am. Would either of those be okay or is that still too risky? Obviously, the 10 am flight would be optimal so we could sleep in a bit more.
Yes, the 10 am flight is fine. It lets you 5hrs for the connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.