Wiki Posts
Search

Help regarding lost item in Paris taxi?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
Help regarding lost item in Paris taxi?

I'm wondering if anyone can help advise any way to reach a particular taxi company to retrieve an urgent lost item? My family and I just arrived in Paris today, and when the taxi dropped us off, we forgot my wife's purse. We have the taxi receipt which seems to list the taxi company, license plate "no immat"? and maybe taxi number "no stat"? - but we can't find a phone number online for the taxi company.

The purse contains many important items - her medications, passport, credit cards, laptop, iPhone. I'm sure the taxi driver will remember us, as our toddler threw up in the backseat - we left him a generous tip for the remaining mess we couldn't clean up. Unfortunately we don't know how to reach him, and he dropped us off a block from the apartment we're staying, so he won't know how to find us either.

The receipt lists the city lost and found I believe, our rental agent here in Paris has called them but the taxi company has not turned anything in yet today. I've read online that the taxi companies may hold items in their office for a week before turning in to the city. That would be too late to help us....
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by wwu123
I'm wondering if anyone can help advise any way to reach a particular taxi company to retrieve an urgent lost item? My family and I just arrived in Paris today, and when the taxi dropped us off, we forgot my wife's purse. We have the taxi receipt which seems to list the taxi company, license plate "no immat"? and maybe taxi number "no stat"? - but we can't find a phone number online for the taxi company.
"No. immat" would be short for "numéro d'immatriculation", which is indeed vehicle registration or license number.

What's the name of the taxi company?

Regarding meds, it's worth checking with a pharmacy. They have green neon crosses above the doors. When they're closed, a notice in the door tells you where to find the nearest open one. I ran out of a prescription in Paris once. A very friendly pharmacist found the French version of it and sold me a bottle for a fraction of what I'd pay in the States. When I asked if it needed a prescription, she said "Oui, mais ce n'est pas grave" (yes, but it's not important).

Sorry your trip got off to a rough start. Hopefully you'll soon be reunited with the bag and enjoying a delightful holiday.

Last edited by ajGoes; Jul 16, 2014 at 5:52 pm Reason: To correct the pharmacist's grammar.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Sorry for your troubles, I hope you found the bag. If not, pm me and I will try to help.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajGoes
"No. immat" would be short for "numéro d'immatriculation", which is indeed vehicle registration or license number.

What's the name of the taxi company?

Regarding meds, it's worth checking with a pharmacy. They have green neon crosses above the doors. When they're closed, a notice in the door tells you where to find the nearest open one. I ran out of a prescription in Paris once. A very friendly pharmacist found the French version of it and sold me a bottle for a fraction of what I'd pay in the States. When I asked if it needed a prescription, she said "Oui, mais ce n'est pas grave" (yes, but it's not important).

Sorry your trip got off to a rough start. Hopefully you'll soon be reunited with the bag and enjoying a delightful holiday.
The name of the taxi company is Taxi Paris Dampierre, and I can find several references to it and it's "siren" (registration?) But not a phone number. I think very much the driver may not yet realize the bag is in the car, it's behind the back headrest on the hatchback rear luggage cover. The driver may not see it, other passengers may well think it belongs to the driver and not point it out.

We did get the meds after visiting two pharmacies, but thanks for suggesting all the same.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Sorry for your troubles, I hope you found the bag. If not, pm me and I will try to help.
Yahillwe, pm sent.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
^
Tu es vraiment formidable !
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
^
Tu es vraiment formidable !
Thanks, but really I have done nothing. Just sent him some suggestions. Waiting to hear if anything came out of them.

It is awful to be in a strange country (jet lagged) and have to worry about important stuff.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by wwu123
The name of the taxi company is Taxi Paris Dampierre, and I can find several references to it and it's "siren" (registration?) But not a phone number. I think very much the driver may not yet realize the bag is in the car, it's behind the back headrest on the hatchback rear luggage cover. The driver may not see it, other passengers may well think it belongs to the driver and not point it out.

We did get the meds after visiting two pharmacies, but thanks for suggesting all the same.
Here's a number I found for the taxi company: 08 99 87 48 57.

Best of luck!

ETA: on the first two sites that Google found (at least the mobile versions) , the phone number was hiding behind a little receiver image labeled "appeler le numéro de téléphone", which means "call". When I clicked that link, the number popped up in my dialer.

Also, I found the acronym SIREN at this handy site. It stands for "Système Informatique pour le Répertoire des Entreprises / des Etablissements", which means "Company/Organization Directory Data System", so the SIREN number would represent that cab company's entry in that system.

Last edited by ajGoes; Jul 17, 2014 at 8:28 am Reason: Added interpretation of the acronym SIREN
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a number I found for the taxi company: 08 99 87 48 57.

Best of luck!

ETA: on the first two sites that Google found (at least the mobile versions) , the phone number was hiding behind a little receiver image labeled "appeler le numéro de téléphone", which means "call". When I clicked that link, the number popped up in my dialer.

Also, I found the acronym SIREN at this handy site. It stands for "Système Informatique pour le Répertoire des Entreprises / des Etablissements", which means "Company/Organization Directory Data System", so the SIREN number would represent that cab company's entry in that system.
This # doesn't work, and in fact the last digits are different.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks, but really I have done nothing. Just sent him some suggestions. Waiting to hear if anything came out of them.

It is awful to be in a strange country (jet lagged) and have to worry about important stuff.
Au contraire, it was very reassuring to message and talk with Yahillwe this morning, and to know that wonderful Flyertalk people can offer help in person as much as on the forums!

Yahillwe just tried calling the number ajGoes found, as I am having trouble dialing some local numbers from my mobile, and no answer. But we'll keep trying.

Not much progress otherwise today, I went to the 3rd arr. police station which is just a few blocks away from the rental apartment, they couldn't find a contact for the taxi company either. They'll need my wife to come in to file the police report for the passport and things before they'll be able to help more. My wife and child were jetlagged until the late afternoon, so we're just about to head out now.

I'm worried the taxi firm may just be one person, as Google shows a large taxi depot at that address, with possibly many taxi "firms" registered to that business address. We're going to start the steps for police report, Japan embassy (wife's passport) and US embassy (wife's green card) right away as that may take many days to get all that done.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:14 am

This # doesn't work, and in fact the last digits are different.
This site lists another number: 08 99 87 40 50. It says it costs €1.35/call plus €0.34/min.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This site lists another number: 08 99 87 40 50. It says it costs €1.35/call plus €0.34/min.
I will try it.

The ones that I tried:

0899 874 860

0899 874 857 (paint store)
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:21 am

I will try it.

The ones that I tried:

0899 874 860

0899 874 857 (paint store)
OK, good luck! BTW, phone numbers in France are written (and spoken) as five two-digit groups, like 08 99 87 40 50. If you're telling someone that number you should say "zero-eight ninety-nine eighty-seven forty fifty".
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Op, I tried calling you back, called the # that aj posted, a taxi answered, he said he wasn't the one, but if you go to the place at the bottom of the receipt you might get some help there:

Service Taxi
36 Rue de Morillon

in the 15th.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:27 am

Op, I tried calling you back, called the # that aj posted, a taxi answered, he said he wasn't the one, but if you go to the place at the bottom of the receipt you might get some help there:

Service Taxi
36 Rue de Morillon

in the 15th.
That's actually Rue des Morillons. It's at the northwest corner of the Parc Georges Brassens, which would be a nice place for OP to take his 2-year-old. My wife and I spent half an hour there last year, sitting on a bench and watching kids take pony rides.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.