Wiki Posts
Search

Advice for Paris 7 nights budget hotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Question Advice for Paris 7 nights budget hotel

Going to Paris June 12-19 for seven nights. There will be about 12 of us and we'll need 7 or so rooms. Anyone have any advice as to a good hotel in either the 7th or 4th arrondissements? I know Paris is expensive, but I would like to keep it under €130 per room. Would AC be necessary then? I see that most hotels don't seem to have it. Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
At that price in central Paris you will not get A/C. You probably won't need it, but there is a small chance that you will hit a heat wave, probably about 5% if you were a betting person. A/C in Parisian hotels is more for noise control than cooling.

You might try the outskirts or the suburbs for a better price, however this will add commuting time to get to the center of the action and the touristic sites of Paris. Try the 17th, 19th, or 20th Arrondissements (Districts). Be prepared for small rooms and basic accommodation.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
Hotel de la Herse d'Or

Well, I see the rates have risen since I last stayed there for E65 with WC down the hall, but a double with bath is E115 on a promo rate. I really like this little single star, no elevator hotel in the 4th. Location is on rue St Antoine, two blocks from the Bastille, lots of nightlife and dining, but no AC and likely to be noisy. If you haven't seen 15,000 people take to the streets on rollerblades, Bastille is on the Friday night Paris-roller route http://pari-roller.com/ . Friendly place with free internet in the lobby, inexpensive and decent continental breakfast. http://www.hotel-herse-dor.com/

T2

Last edited by tartetatin2; Sep 26, 2013 at 5:14 pm Reason: fix link
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Finding somewhere inexpensive in the 7er won't be easy. I found a 3-star moderate hotel while researching my Paris trip last year that's in the area but I believe just over the line in the 15er. However the Europe Hotel Paris is located within a few hundred metres of Les Invalides and the Champ de Mars and near a Metro station so offers an outstanding location.

Rooms do offer AC and rates are very close to your target at EUR 145/night in June, though whether they have 7 rooms available is unknown and would recommend contacting the hotel.

Just an option FWIW.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:28 pm

http://www.oops-paris.com/en_hotel.htm has budget accomodations (dorms and rooms) with AC and its location is pretty good (walking distance: 5 minutes from Mouffetard, 10 minutes from Panthéon etc...) and has several metro access.
If you choose to stay there, feel free to contact me as i used to live in this area (still in Paris though)
Old Sep 27, 2013, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion! Booked 7 rooms at Europe Hotel Paris just now. Average price per room US$155. Great deal. Modern, newish hotel, with ac, and close to metros and attractions. We are excited. Thanks for your great advice.

Originally Posted by tcook052
Finding somewhere inexpensive in the 7er won't be easy. I found a 3-star moderate hotel while researching my Paris trip last year that's in the area but I believe just over the line in the 15er. However the Europe Hotel Paris is located within a few hundred metres of Les Invalides and the Champ de Mars and near a Metro station so offers an outstanding location.

Rooms do offer AC and rates are very close to your target at EUR 145/night in June, though whether they have 7 rooms available is unknown and would recommend contacting the hotel.

Just an option FWIW.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Happy I was able to help and look forward to your review of the hotel once you've returned from this trip.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:37 pm

Thanks tcook52!!! Based on your comments I took a peak at the Europe Hotel Paris for our 4 nights in Paris next May/June and found a cancelable rate of 82 euros a night for the twin rooms!

Now I just need to hope the hotel honours the rate as the non-refundable rate for the same room is 150 euros per night.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
I'm looking for a hotel Apr 15-20. I checked out the Europe Hotel Paris as well. Once I got to putting in my dates, I got a message saying the hotel is closed Apr 17.
What's up with that? I guess I'll have to contact them.
Right now I have 3 hotels booked, in different areas as I'm not sure of the best place to stay. (First time to Paris).
Hotel du Cadran (in the same general area as Hotel Europe Paris. ~.5 mile away)
Hotel Saint Louis (On the island next to Notre Dame)
Hotel Andrea Rivoli (On the right bank closer to the Louvre)
If anyone has any feedback on these or other recommendations, it would be appreciated.
We'll be doing the typical tourist things, the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Arc d'Triomphe etc.
Also plan to do a day trip to Normandy, then a 1/2 day trip to Versailles.
Thx
Old Oct 4, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
I'm looking for a hotel Apr 15-20. I checked out the Europe Hotel Paris as well. Once I got to putting in my dates, I got a message saying the hotel is closed Apr 17.
What's up with that? I guess I'll have to contact them.
Right now I have 3 hotels booked, in different areas as I'm not sure of the best place to stay. (First time to Paris).
Hotel du Cadran (in the same general area as Hotel Europe Paris. ~.5 mile away)
Hotel Saint Louis (On the island next to Notre Dame)
Hotel Andrea Rivoli (On the right bank closer to the Louvre)
If anyone has any feedback on these or other recommendations, it would be appreciated.
We'll be doing the typical tourist things, the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Arc d'Triomphe etc.
Also plan to do a day trip to Normandy, then a 1/2 day trip to Versailles.
Thx
It usually needs a 4 month advance booking, but if you can spend 190Euro/night, the Caron de Beaumarchais hotel in the Marais is fantastic. A boutique hotel at a moderate price. Fabulous place!

http://www.carondebeaumarchais.com/
Old Oct 7, 2013, 4:09 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Discussion of advice on apartments has been moved to a new thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...nts-paris.html

Thnaks for your understanding.

Jouy31
France forum moderator
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Hotel Reservation Cancelled- then restored?

The Europe Hotel Paris, mentioned on this thread, booked my reservation, sent me a written confirmation, then- 20 days later- sent me a cancellation email (computer generated). I emailed them three times, sent a facebook message and just heard back from them two weeks later that their reservation vendor Sabre made the mistake in the rate and canceling my res. Hotel says they're going to make good on it. We'll see.

Last edited by Sterlingguy; Nov 4, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.