Nice to Cannes at night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nice to Cannes at night

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Nice to Cannes at night

So my flight from TLV to NCE arrives at 11:00pm. Is my only option for transportation to Cannes from NCE a taxi, or is there some cheaper option? I checked the trains, it looks like the last train leaves St Augstin station at 21h, and that won't work...
Old Jun 14, 2013, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
http://en.nice.aeroport.fr/Passenger...TAM-bus-Cannes
http://en.nice.aeroport.fr/Passenger...EXPRESS-Cannes
Old Jun 14, 2013, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Ok, those buses stop running at 22:00. My flight lands at 23:00 (on Tuesday, so first link will not work, sorry did not provide that information earlier.)...

Besides, is 30 mins enough time to get through customs?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
This Shuttle service priced out at E34. Probably a lot cheaper than a taxi.

http://www.shuttledirect.com/en/airport/NCE

Why are you staying in Cannes?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by menton1
This Shuttle service priced out at E34. Probably a lot cheaper than a taxi.

http://www.shuttledirect.com/en/airport/NCE

Why are you staying in Cannes?
Using your link, if I enter the OP's arrival time 2300 on a tuesday I don't get an option for a shuttle but only a car service at €68 oneway. The shuttle I am aware of to Cannes has their last departure at 2215.
http://www.cannexpress.com/Timetables.html
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Using your link, if I enter the OP's arrival time 2300 on a tuesday I don't get an option for a shuttle but only a car service at €68 oneway. The shuttle I am aware of to Cannes has their last departure at 2215.
http://www.cannexpress.com/Timetables.html
Well, the 34 Euro price was for one person. How do you know the OP is booking for 2 persons? If so, then I suppose a taxi would be better, although I'm not certain. It's a pretty good distance to Cannes.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Well, the 34 Euro price was for one person. How do you know the OP is booking for 2 persons? If so, then I suppose a taxi would be better, although I'm not certain. It's a pretty good distance to Cannes.
Hm, it only have me a 68.54 Ł option. I was thinking of staying in Cannes since I can get a cheaper hotel there (BRG), but it seems like both the price and pain of getting there at 23h means I should just stay in Nice instead.... thanks all for your input!
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know the OP is booking for two persons and who said anything about two persons? I only input one person into the online form you linked to but I inserted the OP's arrival time of 2300 on a Tuesday. I and the OP have both not received an option for a shuttle at that time of day only a car service. What time and day did you put down for your search?

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Jun 15, 2013 at 8:20 pm
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by no2chem
Hm, it only have me a 68.54 Ł option. I was thinking of staying in Cannes since I can get a cheaper hotel there (BRG), but it seems like both the price and pain of getting there at 23h means I should just stay in Nice instead.... thanks all for your input!
Good luck whatever you decide. Check some of the other threads there are a lot of other great towns to stay at in the area.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:08 am

I used that site again, from Nice to Cannes one way is 34 Euros for one person. Time, 23:30

I like the idea of staying in Nice. More options, and a bustling busy city with lots more to do than in Cannes.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used that site again, from Nice to Cannes one way is 34 Euros for one person. Time, 23:30

I like the idea of staying in Nice. More options, and a bustling busy city with lots more to do than in Cannes.
I'm trying to figure out what I am doing wrong, again entered a tuesday at 2335 and get the same result.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by no2chem
So my flight from TLV to NCE arrives at 11:00pm. Is my only option for transportation to Cannes from NCE a taxi, or is there some cheaper option? I checked the trains, it looks like the last train leaves St Augstin station at 21h, and that won't work...
Do you have luggage, or just a carry-on? If only a carry-on, you will probably be able to make it through immigration in 30 minutes, although it depends on where you are sitting in the plane. If you have checked bags, there is very little chance that it will take 30 minutes start to finish.

I think you would be best taking a taxi; are you arriving on either a Sunday or a holiday? You will already be in the very expensive range by arriving so late, but if it is either a Sunday or a holiday it will be very very expensive. I have had very little success in getting a taxi that takes a credit card in Nice, so make sure you have about 150 Euro in cash. There are ATMs both in the baggage claim area, and outside in arrivals (in Terminal 1; I rarely fly through Terminal 2 so have no idea). There is also an AmEx window for currency exchanges, although whether it will be staffed at that hour of the night I don't know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.