Wiki Posts
Search

Long wait on arrival in CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Plus, Flying Blue, Delta Skymiles, Priority Club
Question Long wait on arrival in CDG

I arrive next week JFK-> CDG T2E around 8:30AM and will have to wait about 4 hours for the arrival of OP from T2A to proceed into Paris. I understand the TE2 DL/AF lounge is not available to arriving passengers so I am looking at what options I have to pass the time. I heard the Sheraton lounge may be one.

How do you get there from International Arrivals? I tried to find maps online but they are very schematic and vague and CDG is notoriously information-poor. I need directions. Anyone help please?

Besides that, any other ideas to have a coffee and chill 4 hours?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Aeroplan,Skymiles, HiltonHonors, SPG
Sheraton:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=125

Airport Map:
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/R...massecdg_g.jpg

Last edited by dodo; Jun 7, 2013 at 5:33 pm
Old Jun 7, 2013, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Are you flying in BC or have FB status? There is the AF Arrivals Lounge in 2C which ic close enough 2A.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

YVR, I already checked out that option, unfortunately AF lounges at CDG allow departing passengers only. I'm arriving at T2E and need to wait there.

dodo, thanks for the links, I take a look.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

I saw those maps which are good I guess if your are driving/riding, vaguely marking the spot on a schematic airport drawing.
I am disembarking from International arrivals in TE2, going through passport control.....and then what? I need a map that tells which corridor/escalator the most direct way to Sheraton or if there are other restaurant lounges nearby that would serve the purpose.

I have no luggage to get, so once past Passport Control I'm done. Perhaps the hotel lounge is visible from Passport exit, perhaps there are signs telling the way...?

If anyone has gone through and knows, I would appreciate the information. thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:40 pm
AAL

The Sheraton is above the train station, so follow the signs that say "Paris by Train" and you'll get there.

I don't understand your comment that AF lounges allow departing guests only. There is an AF lounge specifically for arriving passengers.

I met a travel companion at the Sheraton last year and it worked out fine. I strongly recommend that you make a Plan B in advance, so if either flight is delayed past a certain time, you both know to meet at your Paris hotel instead.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Heh AAL, thanks for the information.
I will be using the JFK Sky Club lounge before departing to CDG. however, AF lounge denies access to PX flying lowly Economy. Delta (H)

In fact,AF admits only Business and Premium economy into their lounges. That arrivals loung in T2C does look inviting though.

As for Plan B, you are right I will be watching flight status and prepare to catch the AF Bus to town. Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2013, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asimegusta
YVR, I already checked out that option, unfortunately AF lounges at CDG allow departing passengers only. I'm arriving at T2E and need to wait there.
The one that YVR Cockroach referenced is not a departure lounge but an arrival lounge. It is situated landside, in 2C. If you have Flying Blue elite status or you are arriving from JFK with AF in business (or First) you will have access to this lounge.
You can have a shower and have breakfast there
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Yes, but as I mentioned
AF lounge totally denies access to PX in Economy,
meaning myself.
Now with this strike going on, my flight has been cancelled and re-booked, it will be good to have that plan B.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by NickB
The one that YVR Cockroach referenced is not a departure lounge but an arrival lounge. It is situated landside, in 2C. If you have Flying Blue elite status or you are arriving from JFK with AF in business (or First) you will have access to this lounge.
You can have a shower and have breakfast there
Certain Skymiles status can get you in as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.