Cannes or Monaco - NYE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cannes or Monaco - NYE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2012, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Executive Platinum, AmEx Platinum Card, SPG Platinum
Cannes or Monaco - NYE

This may be subjective, but would folks recommend Monaco or Cannes this time of year? I am in Paris for a few weeks on work, and decided to head down to the Nice/Monaco/Cannes area. I arrive on Sat the 29th by train, and was planning to spend sat/sun in Nice sightseeing, then need to decide where to spend Monday (31st) and Tuesday (1st). Its a toss up between Cannes and Monaco, and its been 50/50 when I ask people I know.

What do you think? Cannes or Monaco
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
what about: check for free hotels and decide then :-)
what are your plans for NYE?
Old Dec 25, 2012, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Executive Platinum, AmEx Platinum Card, SPG Platinum
there are plenty of hotel space available actually. so am not worried about that. i dont have any NYE plans - am a single traveler, so dont need anything fancy.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by arjundutt
This may be subjective, but would folks recommend Monaco or Cannes this time of year? I am in Paris for a few weeks on work, and decided to head down to the Nice/Monaco/Cannes area. I arrive on Sat the 29th by train, and was planning to spend sat/sun in Nice sightseeing, then need to decide where to spend Monday (31st) and Tuesday (1st). Its a toss up between Cannes and Monaco, and its been 50/50 when I ask people I know.

What do you think? Cannes or Monaco
I personally dislike Monaco, and am not too keen on Cannes, either. Are you judging by the caché or reputation of these 2 places, or are there actual criteria that you have for where to go? There's certainly quite a variety of choices on the Riviera, a lot more than these 2 places.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by menton1
I personally dislike Monaco, and am not too keen on Cannes, either.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.