Wiki Posts
Search

Provence in Sept/Oct

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Provence in Sept/Oct

I'm planning a trip to Provence for my 60th! Can anyone help with hotel recommendations (hopefully using some Best Western points) for a weeks stay?
Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:43 am

accommodation in Provence

Where in Provence are you planning to stay and what time of the year will it be? Are you definite about staying in a hotel or would you also consider renting an apartment? Would you be staying in a city, in the country or on the coast? It would help to know more specifically what your preferences are to advise something in particular.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Not quite provence, but I'm a big fan of the Languedoc region, and recently discovered beautifull and charming Uzès. This is a quiet and easygoing medival town, beautifully restored with some nice accomodation. I looked at The clos du lethe (out of town) and staid at L'Albiousse in the town centre (both easy to find on google). I'm not sure I would recommend the Best Western but there is one in Uzès. Alternatively Arles and l'Hôtel Particulier. Arles is another interesting and easygoing place to visit.

Just some ideas.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I know it is not Provence but if you want to spend a couple of days on the Riviera try the West End Hotel in Nice. Get a room with a balcony facing the water. Great for people watching
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Provence is a pretty big place. Maybe read some books on the subject and chose one or two towns to stay in. Best Western has plenty of decent hotels in France. But be careful when you book. If you want a room with a toilet and shower, you have to specify that or you may have to share with others.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Any guide books have some suggestions. www.viamichelin.com is an easy place to examine alternatives online. Stimpy, always insightful, is correct that Provence is large. You probably should narrow your search based on your specific interests. You could spend months there and never run out of wonderful experiences.

At you chosen time of year especially October, the tourist rush will be mostly gone, everything will still be open and the weather will be outstanding. You'll have a delightful 60th.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: All of the above
Some of my favorites

La Mirande...Avignon
La Bastide (Alaine Ducasse's) Moustier St. Marie
Villa Gallici Aix en Provence
Chateau Chevre d'Or...Eze
Le St. Paul...St.Paul de Vence

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.