Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

SEA 3-Day Do Sept 12-14, 2008 - fundraising for Susan G Komen breast cancer charity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEA 3-Day Do Sept 12-14, 2008 - fundraising for Susan G Komen breast cancer charity

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Greetings from the SEA AS BR. We're on our way back to the Bay Area. Thank you all for such a delightful dinner with old and new friends. Thank you Missy for your dedication to a worthy cause and for bringing us all together. What a great choice for dinner! It was such a nice finish to our anniversary weekend!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Thanks for the yummy dinner and conversation and company!

My right little toe is still not speaking to me.

Other than that, things are just hunky dory.

I moblogged to flickr. You can see what happened here.

I didn't take too many more exciting pictures. I did get a bunch of emails and texts from my walking buddies who were all reporting in their various injuries.

Man, what a ride...

lala
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:17 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Thank you.. thank you.. thank you!!

To all those who donated, called to cheer us on, and who joined us for the celebratory dinner last night. (Happy Anniversary Nobbi and Jack)

Special thanks to my fellow Bodacious Tata's for keeping me motivated during training, and my boyfriend for getting up ungodly early every morning, and for picking me up every night for dinner so I didn't have to eat camp food

My feet are doing much better than my brain at this point, which is having a hard time getting out of first gear. I have a giant pile of work to get through, then I'll give a better recap and post some photos.

Thanks again!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
We have to thank you for your dedication! And Jack & I really enjoyed meeting your S.O.! What a nice fellow!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA
This was such an interesting and mixed-bag (since I was unable to walk) event for me. I'm really, really happy to have signed up with Missy and Lalala...they made everything so much more fun than it would have been going alone.

Thanks to all y'all who sent support our way I'm sorry for missing the dinner, but I was having a crisis of conscience at showing up for just the opening and closing ceremonies. Although, it did occur to me that it would have been awfully awkwardly funny if I'd gotten to the finish line before any of the real walkers!

Photos are up on flickr now, including Missy's injured foot!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 3:07 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Being injured shouldn't have caused a crisis of conscience! At least you were smart enough to know your limits.. unlike some of those who ended up on stretchers with IV's because they didn't listen to their bodies tell them to stop.

You took some awesome pics!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Owlchick
This was such an interesting and mixed-bag (since I was unable to walk) event for me. I'm really, really happy to have signed up with Missy and Lalala...they made everything so much more fun than it would have been going alone.

Thanks to all y'all who sent support our way I'm sorry for missing the dinner, but I was having a crisis of conscience at showing up for just the opening and closing ceremonies. Although, it did occur to me that it would have been awfully awkwardly funny if I'd gotten to the finish line before any of the real walkers!

Photos are up on flickr now, including Missy's injured foot!
We really missed you. Sorry about your crisis. It wasn't necessary.

Wish you'd been at Maximilien.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.