Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

DAHL Fund Fundraiser: LUFTHANSA Junkers Ju52 Experience & 825th HAMBURG Port Festival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DAHL Fund Fundraiser: LUFTHANSA Junkers Ju52 Experience & 825th HAMBURG Port Festival

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:55 pm

just donated! glad to help
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
In! (Although I'm going to have a hard time explaining to family friends and work why I will need to take time off in order to fly across the Atlantic to claim the grand prize. )
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
Flyer Talk people rule. I cannot begin to thank you all for your current and past donations. This is a great start to the year.

Captain Dave
President Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pshuang
I'm going to have a hard time explaining to family friends and work why I will need to take time off in order to fly across the Atlantic to claim the grand prize.
its all part of a fundraising effort - something you have to do - its complicated

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 11, 2014 at 9:26 pm
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Kudos to oliver2002 for their role in making this awesome prize a reality. pilotddd is right, FTers rule! ^
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:55 pm

Winding down Friday night at the Perfect Pint Public House in NYC. I just checked the donations and we are at $1125. When we reach $2000 we will get a match from iluv2fly for $2000. Any other matches out there.

Pat Mike just started a link on Flyer Talk Cares. We realize not everyone can take the time off to claim the prize in Hamburg. So! Pat Mike started a "Just A Buck" program where Flyer Talkers can donate $1/month to the scholarship. Go to dahlfund.org and click the DONATE button. Select $1 and click the monthly box. With over half a million Flyer Talkers we can keep Capt Jason Dahl's memory and love of flying alive through his scholarship. Your $12 yearly turns into a symbolic $11 after paypal takes out their fee.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Capt Denny
we are at $1125. When we reach $2000 we will get a match from iluv2fly for $2000

Pat Mike just started a link on Flyer Talk Cares. We realize not everyone can take the time off to claim the prize in Hamburg. So! Pat Mike started a "Just A Buck" program where Flyer Talkers can donate $1/month to the scholarship.
Originally Posted by PatMike
Per Capt. Denny, United employees make a bi-monthly payroll deduction to the Jason Dahl Schlorship Fund in a program called "Just A Buck". They ask for $1 per pay period.

As FlyerTalkers, we can do the same. Just go to the dahlfund.org website and click the donate button. On the funding page, use PayPal and make a $1 donation. Check the monthly box and the Dahl Fund will receive a $12 yearly donation per Flyer Talker. If this takes off, the Dahl Fund can give out a lot more scholarships.

I've already done it.
It's a great way to give back to "our community".
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:41 pm

Sunday evening I am in the IAH Marriott. Current total donations is at $1425. So far we have 24 donors which includes one from Bulgaria and one from Poland. It's great to see our Flyer Talkers across the Atlantic are keeping Capt. Dahl's memory and love of flying alive.

Remember at $2000 we will receive a $2000 match from iluv2fly

Capt. Denny
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:16 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I just put in $25
FlyingHoustonian
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Sunday evening I am in the IAH Marriott. Current total donations is at $1425. So far we have 24 donors which includes one from Bulgaria and one from Poland. It's great to see our Flyer Talkers across the Atlantic are keeping Capt. Dahl's memory and love of flying alive.

Remember at $2000 we will receive a $2000 match from iluv2fly

Capt. Denny
Fantastic gesture by iluv2fly!!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:00 am

My Grandson Tyler and I visited this great plane at Oskosh last year. What a great flight it will be for some lucky winner! I want to pre-thank everyone who contributes and buys a chance. Your support of the Dahl Fund has enabled us to award aviation scholarships to worthy students nation-wide.

I hope to see each of you on a United Flight some day. I fly he A-320 out of Denver most every week.

Captain Tom Bush A-320
VEEP-The Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
NYC just brought the donations up to $475 which is a great start. iluv2fly just emailed and when we reach $2000 he will send in a match donation.

Thank you all for your support.

Capt Denny
I'll make my donation after I load my Paypal account. I'll do anything to make iluv2fly pay up. ^

dh
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
Just flew an empty 747-400 from SFO to LAX. I wish I could have loaded it with Flyer Talkers.

Sadly as the President of the Dahl Fund I can't win any of these really cool plane rides.

Captain David
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pilotddd
Just flew an empty 747-400 from SFO to LAX. I wish I could have loaded it with Flyer Talkers.

Sadly as the President of the Dahl Fund I can't win any of these really cool plane rides.

Captain David
Too bad you couldnt get us on board. Im sure we'd each enjoy a turn at the wheel....
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Great to see FT feature this thread in the TalkMail newsletter this month!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.