Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

DAHL Fund Fundraiser: LUFTHANSA Junkers Ju52 Experience & 825th HAMBURG Port Festival

DAHL Fund Fundraiser: LUFTHANSA Junkers Ju52 Experience & 825th HAMBURG Port Festival

Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:12 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 180
What a successful fund raiser for The Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship. You al have to know that you will have a part in the training of our future aviators. A GREAT BIG thanks to Oliver and his support crew Dennis and Pat for putting this together. They raised $11,800.

The drawing will be done later on the 26th.

Capt. Denny
Capt Denny is offline  
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:01 pm
  #77  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 180
Congratulations to the winners.

You generously donated $11,800. There were 62 donors from 7 different countries and 1788 tickets were in the drawing. Thank you all for your generosity and support of The Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship. I can't say enough about Flyer Talkers. You are a rare and wonderful breed. The winners are.......

_kurt...............JU-52 Tri-Motor Ride

nanook.............787 Sim Ride

I will be in touch with you with the details to claim your prize.

Capt Denny
Capt Denny is offline  
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:04 pm
  #78  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GRR, USA
Posts: 3,298
Congrats _Kurt and nanook!!!! You'll love the prizes!
LufthansaFlyer is offline  
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:18 am
  #79  
Posting Legend, Moderator, Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Programs: HH Silver
Posts: 56,370
Thanks for the update as I was curious as to the winners. Congrats to both! ^
tcook052 is offline  
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:12 am
  #80  
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The City/Honolulu
Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,472
Congratulations to the lucky winners! Enjoy!
Pat89339 is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:41 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: T82
Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 2,845
Thank you, thank you, thank you to Capt. Denny and Lufthansa Flyer.
Luckily, I live only about a four-hour drive from Houston, so this is a fantastic prize.
Glad to help for such a worthy cause and get something in return.

Last edited by Nanook; Jan 29, 2014 at 9:47 am
Nanook is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:53 am
  #82  
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: San Francisco CA
Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Posts: 10,990
congratulations _ kurt and nanook!

sounds great!
squeakr is offline  
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:32 pm
  #83  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,532
Originally Posted by Capt Denny
Congratulations to the winners.

You generously donated $11,800. There were 62 donors from 7 different countries and 1788 tickets were in the drawing. Thank you all for your generosity and support of The Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship. I can't say enough about Flyer Talkers. You are a rare and wonderful breed. The winners are.......

_kurt...............JU-52 Tri-Motor Ride

nanook.............787 Sim Ride

I will be in touch with you with the details to claim your prize.

Capt Denny
First off, congratulations on another sucessful Dahl Fund fundraiser. I'm proud that FlyerTalkers were able to raise so much for such a great cause. Secondly, congratulations to nanook on your sim ride. I know it will be awesome! Finally, about that JU-52. I can't describe how much I am looking forward to this. It will be my first trip to Hamburg and, not surprisingly, my first ride on a Junkers. What a cool opportunity!
_kurt is offline  
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:52 pm
  #84  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GRR, USA
Posts: 3,298
Originally Posted by _kurt
First off, congratulations on another sucessful Dahl Fund fundraiser. I'm proud that FlyerTalkers were able to raise so much for such a great cause. Secondly, congratulations to nanook on your sim ride. I know it will be awesome! Finally, about that JU-52. I can't describe how much I am looking forward to this. It will be my first trip to Hamburg and, not surprisingly, my first ride on a Junkers. What a cool opportunity!
You have 9 minutes to book your travel if you have UA miles to burn before the great devaluation of 2014.

Congrats on the win, I'll be in touch with you to sort out details etc.
LufthansaFlyer is offline  
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:53 pm
  #85  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GRR, USA
Posts: 3,298
Originally Posted by Nanook
Thank you, thank you, thank you to Capt. Denny and Lufthansa Flyer.
Luckily, I live only about a four-hour drive from Houston, so this is a fantastic prize.
Glad to help for such a worthy cause and get something in return.
Enjoy the ride!! the UA guys do a great job hosting these simulator sessions.
LufthansaFlyer is offline  
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:30 pm
  #86  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Posts: 35,182
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
You have 9 minutes to book your travel if you have UA miles to burn before the great devaluation of 2014.
The deadline was just extended t Feb 3 so there is a little more time. See y'all in Hamburg!
Xyzzy is offline  
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:31 pm
  #87  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GRR, USA
Posts: 3,298
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
The deadline was just extended t Feb 3 so there is a little more time. See y'all in Hamburg!
Good news! I missed the news flash.
LufthansaFlyer is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:07 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: T82
Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 2,845
Well, I finally took my sim ride and posted a report here.

Thanks Captain Denny.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...two-hours.html
Nanook is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:51 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,532
Originally Posted by Nanook
Well, I finally took my sim ride
What timing! Last week I finally got to fly on the JU. Here she is up close:


The clouds and fog couldn't stop us:
_kurt is offline  
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:31 am
  #90  
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: T82
Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 2,845
Looks like fun, kurt. Were there a lot of other people on your flight? Was it still FRA to HAM?
Nanook is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.