Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

2013: Dahl Scholarship - Win Ride on T-6 Racer, a 787 sim, a F16 sim or fishing trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013: Dahl Scholarship - Win Ride on T-6 Racer, a 787 sim, a F16 sim or fishing trip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 2.3MM; AA ExecPlat 1.2MM
Keep it coming! I submitted my donation for company match.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:24 am

Company Match

This is the second company match we have had. The last one was from paulr who works for Dell. For those of you who get matching donations let me know and I will add it to the donations total.

Currently we are at $15,711

Capt Denny
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Sent in a small donation and wish the fund well in hitting it's target and continuing the good work it does. ^
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:43 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Capt Denny
This is the second company match we have had. The last one was from paulr who works for Dell. For those of you who get matching donations let me know and I will add it to the donations total.

Currently we are at $15,711

Capt Denny
I was about to make a little donation, but I'm pretty sure I can get my employer to match it. I'll find out tomorrow.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
I take one month off hiding at 747-400 CAPT school ? WOW...I have to thank you all and then some ! What a great year for the Dahl Fund. YOUR kindness and generosity is unbelievable.
I may be the "President" but CAPT Denny truly rules.

Pilotddd "AKA" David Dosch (President Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund)
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:50 pm

made a small contribution...
---------------------------------------------

Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund

MazdaMP, your donation is now complete Payment by PayPal

Confirmation number: 7H714112V9152294T. An email with your donation details has been sent to [email protected] and you can print your donation receipt.

YOUR MAILING ADDRESS
xxx

DONATIONS COORDINATOR CONTACT INFORMATION
Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
[email protected]
360-239-2458
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm in again this year! Just made my donation.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I was about to make a little donation, but I'm pretty sure I can get my employer to match it. I'll find out tomorrow.
I just tried emailing [email protected] for some information, and it seemed to bounce back from an @aol.com address.

Is there a better way to contact someone?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:43 pm

I will help

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just tried emailing [email protected] for some information, and it seemed to bounce back from an @aol.com address.

Is there a better way to contact someone?
canadiancow.......I can help with your donation. Go to dahlfund.org and the home page has a donate button that goes to paypal. If your company gives a matching donation you can have them mail it directly to the address on the websites "contact" link. If any other questions contact me at [email protected] 330-472-3146

Capt Denny
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:26 pm

Update

As mentioned earlier shcooper1 will put in a match of $2000 when we reach $16,000. Well we did it this week and now we are at $18,777.

On another note for those of you who live in the DEN area. Retired United Capt. John Winter owns Lone Tree Brewery in Lone Tree Co. On 9/11 $1 for each pint sold goes to the Capt Jason Dahl Scholarship. Word has gotten out to all United pilots and flight attendants to stop in and have a brew. All Flyer Talkers and friends are invited to join us.

Capt. Denny
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, IHG Plt, SPG Gld
All good

Last edited by halfpny; Aug 31, 2013 at 3:54 am Reason: Site is back up.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

moved

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 3, 2013 at 4:14 pm
Old Sep 2, 2013, 1:54 am

NYC

My flying Friends,

Bear with me for a few sentences while I explain where I am today. Living the country life in Ohio I frequently stop at garage sales. One of the items I purchase is paper back books which I take to ORD Flight Operations and put on the book exchange shelf. A few months ago I bought 15 Clive Cussler books and gave one a try. I am now on my third Dirk Pitt adventure. I landed in EWR this evening and was picked up by Golden Touch Limousine @ 2000. Caught up in the action and intrigue of the novel I was reading with the illumination of the overhead light. I was not paying attention but I did know that we had a hotel change and I would be staying in NYC for my 21 hour layover.

The limo came to a halt and I stowed my book and exited the vehicle. I was struck........absolutely spellbound............goose bumps ran up the length of my arms..........and I became teary eyed. As Frequent flyers you know exactly where I was when I tell you I am staying at the Club Quarters World Trade Center. I absently stiffed the driver out of his tip because I walked from the limo to the chain link fence and looked up in awe at the Building before me. In twelve years........... this is the first time I set eyes on the site that changed the way we live. I turned my head and the words I saw on the wall before me read "9/11 Memorial Enter Here". To think in ten days I will be in Shanksville.

I never knew Capt. Dahl but I joined the scholarship team because it filled a void I had from that tragic day. Thank you all for the support you have given us to keep his memory and love of flying alive.

Capt. Denny
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Donation completed!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:13 pm

I just donated and Capt Denny helped me sort out the details for a corporate match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.