Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$6K goal met for Dahl fund! Thank you, FlyerTalkers

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 6:14 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Captain Dave called Captain Denny who called me to say that some generous person just gave the $345 needed to meet our $6K goal. Thank you to the person who generously gave; thank you to all who gave so generously earlier. Every donation, small and great, is deeply appreciated by those who are on the Dahl board. And it's certainly appreciated by future pilots who get a scholarship toward their education.

This means that another FTer gets that ride on AA's oldest airworthy plane.

Well done!

Names will be drawn tomorrow. Captain Denny will announce the ride winners once drawn (and FT handle figured out).
Old May 11, 2012, 6:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I just threw my chances into the pot. I'm a little bummed that

A) I didn't get to be the one that broke the $6K mark

and

B) I only had $99.74 in my PayPal account so I could only buy 4 chances. Stupid eBay buying.

Seriously though, I'm quite happy to part of a great event. I'll wish good luck to two of my fellow entrants, since now we will have a total of 3 winners drawn
Old May 11, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Slid in a $50 a couple of minutes ago.

Best wishes, kebosabi
Old May 12, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
Originally Posted by SomeGuy
I just threw my chances into the pot. I'm a little bummed that

A) I didn't get to be the one that broke the $6K mark

and

B) I only had $99.74 in my PayPal account so I could only buy 4 chances. Stupid eBay buying.

Seriously though, I'm quite happy to part of a great event. I'll wish good luck to two of my fellow entrants, since now we will have a total of 3 winners drawn
You more than broke the $6K mark. I want videos and photos and such from all of you generous people. I'm in Denver getting ready for a fundraiser, BOD Meeting and awards dinner. You are all winners in my book.

David
Old May 12, 2012, 3:11 am

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just finished and had a wonderful ending. The final tally is $6400. 43 participants and 1068 chances. The drawing will take place this afternoon and as stated if I do not have your handle I will first contact you by email to see how you want me to post your names.

Thany you all.

Capt Dernny
Old May 12, 2012, 3:17 pm

WINNERS

First place winner who can bring a guest is Ace Airspeed. Sceond place winner by reaching the $6000 mark is DLroads. I will be in contact with you to answer any questions.

The owner of the aircraft, Greg Herrick, would appreciate if he could give the ride on June 2nd in coordination with the airports "Aviation Days" event. The civilian flying communities have "DO's" called FLY-IN's. The airport announces they are having a FLY-IN and everyone flys their small aircraft in for a pancake breakfast. That will start the day off and they have a weekend schedule of fun activities. Check out the events calendar on the Golden Wings Museum web site for more details.

If Ace Airspeed and DLroads agree to do the ride on the second come on out and wish them well. All those who show up will get a private tour of The Golden Wings Museum after the flight. Maybe you can help the Dahl Scholarship Team choose the aircraft for next years scholarship drive.

In the evening of June 2nd Greg is having a Swing Dance in his hangar among his 34 vintage aircraft. This would be a great event for a "DO" if someone in the MSP area would like to organize it.

Capt Denny
Old May 12, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Congrats to the winners. Is there a third winner? Should I be checking my email for that notification?
Old May 12, 2012, 4:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Congrats to the winners. Is there a third winner? Should I be checking my email for that notification?
I am the Grand Winner -- meaning that I don't have to get into an 80-year-old airplane.

DLRoads, thank you again for my KM tag and I am very happy that you delivered it before taking this flight.
Old May 12, 2012, 4:57 pm

Exclamation Dahl Fund Dinner Tickets Available - LAST MINUTE OFFER IN DENVER

For anyone who may be in Denver, we had some seats open (extremely last minute) for the Dahl Fund dinner TONIGHT at 7:30 PM. At this evening's dinner, the Dahl Scholarship Fund will award the 2012-2013 scholarship winners. $18,000 in aviation scholarships will be awarded to students from 10 separate schools nation-wide. As it is so last minute, these tickets are available at cost ($40). If you want more information, please start a conversation with both myself and MSY-MSP.
Thanks!
-Anthony
Old May 13, 2012, 9:51 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Is there a third winner? Should I be checking my email for that notification?
Here were the levels to add winners:

First handle drawn gets 2 seats on plane
Second handle drawn (if $6K raised) gets 1 seat on plane
Third handle drawn (if $10K raised) gets 1 seat on plane

We didn't reach 10K so no third winner.
Old May 13, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Capt Denny
First place winner who can bring a guest is Ace Airspeed. Sceond place winner by reaching the $6000 mark is DLroads. I will be in contact with you to answer any questions.

The owner of the aircraft, Greg Herrick, would appreciate if he could give the ride on June 2nd in coordination with the airports "Aviation Days" event. The civilian flying communities have "DO's" called FLY-IN's. The airport announces they are having a FLY-IN and everyone flys their small aircraft in for a pancake breakfast. That will start the day off and they have a weekend schedule of fun activities. Check out the events calendar on the Golden Wings Museum web site for more details.

If Ace Airspeed and DLroads agree to do the ride on the second come on out and wish them well. All those who show up will get a private tour of The Golden Wings Museum after the flight. Maybe you can help the Dahl Scholarship Team choose the aircraft for next years scholarship drive.

In the evening of June 2nd Greg is having a Swing Dance in his hangar among his 34 vintage aircraft. This would be a great event for a "DO" if someone in the MSP area would like to organize it.

Capt Denny
Awesome! Pretty excited about the ride and my 7 year old co-pilot is probably even more excited. I am happy to win, but even more happy that I was able to help in a small way with this great charity.
Old May 14, 2012, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by AceAirspeed
Awesome! Pretty excited about the ride and my 7 year old co-pilot is probably even more excited. I am happy to win, but even more happy that I was able to help in a small way with this great charity.
Outstanding!
Old May 14, 2012, 8:17 am

Great Job

Hey Talkers,

I owe you big time. Congrats to the winners...I'm jealous .
We had a great award dinner and at least one of our students
came out and said that it was a life changing moment.

We had a charity event in Littleton on Saturday. It is hosted by Capt Tom Bush. I bring this up to let you know we will most likely do it next year and we would love to meet you all. Check out dahlfund.org for updates.

Highlight of the day... some poor fellow parked in our makeshift helopad.
Two of our board members(names withheld) and the fire department actually lifted the car and moved it!

David
Old May 14, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by Capt Denny
...If Ace Airspeed and DLroads agree to do the ride on the second come on out and wish them well. All those who show up will get a private tour of The Golden Wings Museum after the flight. Maybe you can help the Dahl Scholarship Team choose the aircraft for next years scholarship drive.

Capt Denny
Thank you Capt Denny, I was very happy to read the news. I was very happy to donate for the good cause. Now, winning was just a great bonus The students who enjoy the scholarship are the real winners. Thank you all for giving for the good cause!

I am trying to clear my 6/2 schedule. Actually, it is already the second time I'm trying to clear the schedule for that day... let's hope.

Originally Posted by Dovster
I am the Grand Winner -- meaning that I don't have to get into an 80-year-old airplane.

DLRoads, thank you again for my KM tag and I am very happy that you delivered it before taking this flight.
You're very welcome, Dovster. I like you too

Originally Posted by AceAirspeed
I am very happy to join AceAirspeed for a ride on the dAArk side. I have asked a flyertalk VIP to join the ride, and hopefully if all schedules clear, the FT VIP will be there as well.

UPDATE: I am pleased to announce that W0X0F_2p2 has accepted my request to join the ride and also write on the experience. While my summary of the experience would be "amazing' and "wow", I make a fair assumption that W0X0F_2p2's summary would share many more details and allow us all to feel as if we were there, inside the plane. It's also a way of saying thank you for taking so much time to answer so many aviation questions from the flyertalk community (and from 2p2)

Last edited by DLroads; May 14, 2012 at 7:06 pm
Old May 21, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
And my flight plans are all set!

I called today and fell on a DL CS rep. who is also (especially his son) flying 'junkie'. Heard the reason, and happily agreed to waive fee changes for my trip (though no discounts). So, I had to some extra $$$, but instead of flying LGA-MSY, I will fly, LGA-MSP-MSY-LGA, being UP2 for seg#1, and cleared UP2 for seg#2 (short, but still), so I can go ahead and get a semi-relaxed flight on the way to fly the oldest dAArk side plane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.