FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Flyertalk Cares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyertalk-cares-688/)
-   -   2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyertalk-cares/1251443-2011-capt-jason-dahl-scholarship-fund-contribute-you-may-win-t-6-texan-ride.html)

SanDiego1K Sep 7, 2011 11:43 am

Originally Posted by squeakr (Post 17068423)
After some long months of unemployment mr. s. has just secured a temp job that will hopefully get us through the end of the year. To celebrate our good fortune, and in honor of his dad, Charles Gordon Scott, who trained pilots in a plane much like Radial Velocity in WWII, we are donating another $25.

Great news, squeakr, and a great way to mark it. I'm about to up my donation as well.

Let's keep the donations coming in, folks. We've got til Saturday to give.

pilotddd Sep 8, 2011 4:05 am

You Folks RULE

Hey I'm Capt Dave the President of the Dahl Fund...lots of crazy stuff going on this year...your outpouring of kindness is well received. I just talked to a student at San Jose who said if he won a scholarship he would bid on the Texan Ride...After reflection he decided working on one of his ratings was a better idea. YA THINK.
Love You Guy's

Capt Denny Sep 8, 2011 9:53 am

Getting ready to board the SMD3 in ORD and checked the donations we are on a roll. Total so far collected for the Capt Jason Dahl Scholarship T-6 Texan ride is at $5600

Capt denny

Captain Dan Sep 8, 2011 12:11 pm

I am so glad to hear the news of being over $5600. Thank you all so much for your support and generosity.

Radial Velocity is on its way to Reno as we speak. It can be tracked on flight aware:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N3272G

I just saw my brother last night at the National Stearman Fly-In held in Galesburg, IL (our hometown). The airplane looks great and he said it is flying even better.

jmd001 Sep 8, 2011 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Dan (Post 17076566)
Radial Velocity is on its way to Reno as we speak.

Oh, shucks ... I was hoping the pilot would request some additional "ballast" from the FT community for the flight to Reno! :D

SkiAdcock Sep 9, 2011 4:35 am

Well we're on a roll - let's see how much we can raise in the last 2 days!

Cheers.

kipper Sep 9, 2011 6:39 am

I just tried to donate, and my company's firewall blocks the site... They claim it falls into the category of weapons!!! Grr...

kipper Sep 9, 2011 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Capt Denny (Post 17075714)
Getting ready to board the SMD3 in ORD and checked the donations we are on a roll. Total so far collected for the Capt Jason Dahl Scholarship T-6 Texan ride is at $5600

Capt denny

Can we make it to $6,000?

I used my phone to make my donation, so we're at least a few baby steps closer.

ETA: I've also forwarded my receipt to our corporate matching contact person, so expect my donation to be matched. However, IIRC, they only send the matches at the end of the year, so consider it an early start to next year's donations when it does arrive. :)

SkiAdcock Sep 9, 2011 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 17080643)
Can we make it to $6,000?

I used my phone to make my donation, so we're at least a few baby steps closer.

ETA: I've also forwarded my receipt to our corporate matching contact person, so expect my donation to be matched. However, IIRC, they only send the matches at the end of the year, so consider it an early start to next year's donations when it does arrive. :)

Good for you for going the extra step - ie, via your phone!

Cheers.

Capt Denny Sep 10, 2011 8:41 am

I will report more but we are at $5975 on the last day to accept donation. Capt Denny

kipper Sep 10, 2011 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Capt Denny (Post 17086136)
I will report more but we are at $5975 on the last day to accept donation. Capt Denny

I'll knock it up the extra $25 to get it to $6,000.

PayPal sent.

SanDiego1K Sep 10, 2011 9:52 am

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 17086378)
I'll knock it up the extra $25 to get it to $6,000.

PayPal sent.

Classy, kipper. ^

Captain Dan Sep 10, 2011 10:38 am

Awesome!!!! So glad to hear.

The airplane landed safely at Reno yesterday and is currently undergoing the usual tech inspection.

Thank you all so much for your support and donations. Team is excited to be associated with such a great group of people! I will post a picture of the airplane with the Flyertalk logo as soon as I get one. We delayed putting it on until after flight out there.

Dan

JDiver Sep 10, 2011 1:19 pm

But post #80 offers a preview, if the decal is mounted on the cowling. ;)

Originally Posted by Captain Dan (Post 17086575)
Awesome!!!! So glad to hear.

The airplane landed safely at Reno yesterday and is currently undergoing the usual tech inspection.

Thank you all so much for your support and donations. Team is excited to be associated with such a great group of people! I will post a picture of the airplane with the Flyertalk logo as soon as I get one. We delayed putting it on until after flight out there.

Dan

Captain Dan Sep 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 17087164)
But post #80 offers a preview, if the decal is mounted on the cowling. ;)

The preview is great, but I think it will be on the side of the cockpit. ^^^

I'll post as soon as I get the pic. :)

Danno