FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Flyertalk Cares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyertalk-cares-688/)
-   -   2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyertalk-cares/1251443-2011-capt-jason-dahl-scholarship-fund-contribute-you-may-win-t-6-texan-ride.html)

iluv2fly Sep 6, 11 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Capt Denny (Post 17060763)
If anyone missed putting their Flyer Talk handle in the special instructions and want to be in the raffle just email me, [email protected] and I will be sure you are included. Also you do not need to be present to win. The raffle will be on Sept 11th and Capt Jason Dahls wife, Sandy, will pull the lucky winner.

As of this evening we are at $4725

Capt Denny

Denny - put me down for the balance to make it to $5000.

You have all my contact information so just let me know and enter me into the contest.

squeakr Sep 6, 11 11:27 am

OK your posts don't usually bring tears to my eyes.....

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 17063103)

You have all my contact information so just let me know and enter me into the contest.

this one did. Thanks.

SanDiego1K Sep 6, 11 11:31 am

This choked me up a bit. Thank you.

We're at goal - but let's keep giving, folks. Your entries still give you the chances toward the ride, and the cause is worthy.

ldsant Sep 6, 11 12:57 pm

Those of us who have enjoyed the friendship of iluv2fly over the years aren't surprised by the gesture; he has a tough exterior and a marshmallow interior. iluv2fly - your generosity, per usual, is admirable.

SD1K - thanks for bringing this up eveyr couple of days to remind all of us tp donate and for leading the group to make this happen.

jmd001 Sep 6, 11 1:01 pm

Denny - put me down for the balance to make it to $5000 ...

Thanks iluv2fly for your generosity!

FortFun Sep 6, 11 1:38 pm

Bravo Marty. ^

A classy moved by a classy guy however much he tries to persuade people to the contrary...

goalie Sep 6, 11 1:58 pm

You sir, are a Mensch with a Capital M ^

iluv2fly Sep 6, 11 2:18 pm

I appreciate the thanks and the shout-outs, but let's concentrate and focus on raising more money for this great cause.

Denny - loved the pic of you and Armstrong! ^

Marshmallow, eh? :eek:

dhammer53 Sep 6, 11 3:24 pm

^ ^

obscure2k Sep 6, 11 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 17064354)
I appreciate the thanks and the shout-outs, but let's concentrate and focus on raising more money for this great cause.

Denny - loved the pic of you and Armstrong! ^

Marshmallow, eh? :eek:

Appears you also have a "Huge Heart." ;)

cheepneezy Sep 6, 11 7:50 pm

Wow. :)

Capt Denny Sep 6, 11 9:37 pm

Well folks we just reached $5000. iluv2fly just donated enough to reach our goal.:):):):):)

The donations you made will assist many students with their flight training costs. When Jason was at San Jose State he received a $2000 scholarship when he wrote a winning essay titled "Why I Want To Fly". We use the same idea and ask students from across the country to send us essays with the same title. We choose one student from each college and give out $1000. Jason's school of San Jose and Metro State in Denver each receive $5000. Thank you again for your support.

Capt Denny

Capt Denny Sep 7, 11 7:16 am

iluv2fly's inspiration motivated others to donate. We are now at $5050

Capt Denny

squeakr Sep 7, 11 7:41 am

good news all around!

After some long months of unemployment mr. s. has just secured a temp job that will hopefully get us through the end of the year. To celebrate our good fortune, and in honor of his dad, Charles Gordon Scott, who trained pilots in a plane much like Radial Velocity in WWII, we are donating another $25.

As with the initial donation, if I win it will be donated to a lucky FT'er who has donated more than $100.

JDiver Sep 7, 11 11:02 am

Put me down for two thumbs up and a hearty "attaguy!"!

Originally Posted by jmd001 (Post 17063890)
Thanks iluv2fly for your generosity!