Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

Have extra soaps & shampoos from your travels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have extra soaps & shampoos from your travels?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If I find partially used stuff in a hotel room, I throw it out. A few years ago I was disgusted to find used bars of soap in an upscale NYC hotel junior suite. Further examination indicated that shampoo etc. bottles were not quite filled to the top, which I assume indicated that a previous guest had used it once. Ick!

If I open and use some of it, including bars of soap, I take it and use the rest, unless it's horrible. The bad stuff that I've sampled gets thrown out.

Of the unused items, some I take to use on later travels where I might like it better than what the hotel provides. Some really good stuff I plan to use at home later, but I tend to collect more than I can reasonably use. The excess I periodically donate to a shelter for battered women, who seem to really appreciate a few small luxuries. Garden-variety unused toiletries I leave behind and assume the hotel recyles to the next guest.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA, UAL, SPG, Marriott, Amex Minerals
I volunteer at an airport USO which is open 24 hours and those toiletries are very useful for military clients/dependents who miss their flights, missed their connections and use the washroom or use the shower. You can drop them off at the airport USO before or after your flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.