Wiki Posts
Search

Meal Service on AY Economy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Meal Service on AY Economy

Hi,

I am looking to book a flight with AY as they are the cheapest. I have never been with them before, so am just looking for some information.

My flights will be LHR-PVG then PEK-LHR. I know that in economy you get a meal provided, but was just wondering whether additional drinks are included or whether you have to pay for them?

Any other tips or information that people have for a first time AY flyer would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by j_osborne
Hi,

I am looking to book a flight with AY as they are the cheapest. I have never been with them before, so am just looking for some information.

My flights will be LHR-PVG then PEK-LHR. I know that in economy you get a meal provided, but was just wondering whether additional drinks are included or whether you have to pay for them?

Any other tips or information that people have for a first time AY flyer would be much appreciated.
Hi j_osborne welcome to FlyerTalk.

Have you tried the AY website for general information? This addresses some of the questions you ask:

Intercontinental flights Economy Flights - Meals and Drinks

Below that section is the European Flights details.

Transfer at HEL is painless: you'll be totally within the brown area shown on this terminal map.

I suggest you have a good look at the Finnair Website which I find has excellent information (including panoramics of the cabins). Of course, you'll also be welcomed back to ask specifics ^

Regards,

BD
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
In economy soft drinks, coffee, tea, red and white wine and beer are free. You have to pay for the hard stuff and sparkling wine.

Oh yeah, and you can ask for as many as you feel like - the Finns most of the time do!
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure, as they were the cheapest by a mile for me to get to China. So didn't want to get on board and realise that the reason it was so cheap is because I am missing out on some services that I take for granted with other airlines.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: AY Gold
My thoughts of AY long hauls (Y):

A434/A333: fresh new a/c
Service: attentive, the crew doesn't hide in the galley
Seat: a bit hard, legroom ok
Meals: ok or bad
IFE: modern widescreen AVOD, but limited film/music selection

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.