Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Historical time tracking for Finnair

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2023, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

We will be taking EDI-HEL (AY 1372) and HEL-DEL (AY 121), which will reach DEL at 6:05 AM. I have appointment in DEL at 11:00 AM and trying to see how is the past record of this flight reaching Del. I checked flightware, but it shows only past few days. I understand past record doesn't gurantee future accuracy, but just trying to get idea to get my mind relaxed. Is there any other place, I can see or someone can read it from there and tell me?
Thanks
Old Dec 28, 2023, 6:41 pm

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
According to Expertflyer AY121 has average delay of 28 minutes over the last 2 months with 68% punctuality. I'd be more worried about other factors of the transit - mainly what happens after deplaning.
florens and Venezuela-Miami like this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avermat
According to Expertflyer AY121 has average delay of 28 minutes over the last 2 months with 68% punctuality. I'd be more worried about other factors of the transit - mainly what happens after deplaning.
28 minutes are fine, even couple of hours are also fine, if that happens.

There is 4:45 hrs layover at Helsinki. Should this be enough for transit?
EDI - HEL : 8:45 AM to 1:15 PM (2:30 hrs flight time)
HEL - DEL : 6:00 PM to 6:05 AM (8:35 hrs flight time)
Old Dec 28, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
4h45 min is even enough to go to the city center of Helsinki, so absolutely no worries there.

DEL flights are regularly on time or early, several hour delays are not common at all. I would not sweat about it.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 6:54 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It can be tricky to evaluate based on average delay *), but with a 4h45 connection there is no need to worry. At all.

*) 68% punctuality is really poor stats, and a 28 minute average could be the result of one 1-minute delay and one 55-minute delay.

By the way, flightaware does have very extensive histroy, and you can easily buy the stats from them. And if you participate in their ADS-B receiver/feeder network you'll get a business account and access to ≈360days of flight history.

I took a look at the flight history I can see, and the EDI-HEL flight is indeed regularly heavy delayed, but I can't see any day with over 1h delay this winter season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.