Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Deciding if going Finnair vs. BA status makes sense

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deciding if going Finnair vs. BA status makes sense

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2023, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CX HK
Don't forget that on AY+ you can convert your points / soon to be Avios into Tier Points, which is quite helpful in achieving or maintaining status.
Right, but without knowing what it will take for status. Pretty unlikely I’ll fly Finnair on a revenue ticket. And if I did convert my 160k now, that’s 50K + tier points of ? Would it could for future status earned in 2024 even though my period ends Jan 31 2024? If it jumpstarted me, could be worthwhile.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Right, but without knowing what it will take for status. Pretty unlikely I’ll fly Finnair on a revenue ticket. And if I did convert my 160k now, that’s 50K + tier points of ? Would it could for future status earned in 2024 even though my period ends Jan 31 2024? If it jumpstarted me, could be worthwhile.
Once AY makes the move, the tiers thresholds will be lower vs the current ones. AY Gold (OWS) will be 45k TP, so if you have that much on your account when the system changes, you'll be AY+ gold. There's a catch of course - since early October, the amount of TPs you can receive via conversion was lowered, depending on your current status, so if you're currently AY basic, you can't convert all your current balance to TP

Of course all TP reset on 1/Feb for you, so that complicates matters even more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.