Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

How easy is it to earn 25k Finnair miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy

Without flying or crediting OneWorld flights to Finnair, and if you don’t live in Finland, are there any ways to earn 25k Finnair miles?

Also: can you combine or transfer miles between a “household account” on Finnair without paying a large fee to do so?
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by salut0
Without flying or crediting OneWorld flights to Finnair, and if you don’t live in Finland, are there any ways to earn 25k Finnair miles?

Also: can you combine or transfer miles between a “household account” on Finnair without paying a large fee to do so?
Transfers are 10€ I beleive if one does not have the Finnair Visa by aktia

Amex is a Finnair transfer partner and so is accor all though not a great deal... I think also rocketmiles is a partner
salut0 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Are there any ways to earn Finnair miles though online or brick-and-mortar shopping in HEL, TLL, CPH, ARN, OSL and their respective cities? Or hotel programs in those places?
Old Jul 10, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Scandic gives points to Finnair Plus, in principles, but it's fixed per night, so you're never going to reach 25k. In TLL, you can earn via Accor hotels as kauppias already noted, but the conversion rate is bad, except during promotions whence it is merely poor.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 1:00 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Are there any ways to earn Finnair miles though online or brick-and-mortar shopping in HEL, TLL, CPH, ARN, OSL and their respective cities? Or hotel programs in those places?
you can earn points in some stores in Finland but to reach 25k would require a crap load of shopping
Old Jul 10, 2023, 6:55 pm

Programs: AY
Using Booking com through the Finnair portal link would ear you like 1p/euro or some times 2p/euro at campaign which is hold several times a year.
The tricky part is, price with portal website is usually not with the Booking 's discounts for high level members, so you might end up paying higher price for earning FP points.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
you can earn points in some stores in Finland but to reach 25k would require a crap load of shopping
Depends on what you buy. I have heard that buying koristeluraappa gives a ton of points.
r2d2, Eyrie, SPBanker and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 2:16 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Hotel bookings through rocketmiles should be the easiest ( and cheapest?)way to get 25 K

Finaviator and intuition like this.

Last edited by lento; Jul 11, 2023 at 2:28 am
Old Jul 11, 2023, 5:05 am

Programs: AY Lumo.
Originally Posted by lento
Hotel bookings through rocketmiles should be the easiest ( and cheapest?)way to get 25 K
That's a lot of points for one night, how did you find that? When I look at some random hotels on Rocketmiles, I typically see 3000-4000 Finnair points per booking.
Eyrie likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 5:08 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by hermanni
That's a lot of points for one night, how did you find that? When I look at some random hotels on Rocketmiles, I typically see 3000-4000 Finnair points per booking.
That is for 4 nights.

To maximize, you can sort by "most points earned" in the filter.

Last edited by lento; Jul 11, 2023 at 5:19 am
Old Jul 11, 2023, 6:14 am

Programs: AY+
Are Finnair miles in this context tier or award points? Because if you need 25k tier points, without flying, you need to convert 10€ + 75k award points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.