Wiki Posts
Search

AY 1979 cancelled

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2023, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
AY 1979 cancelled

My friend was supposed to be on AY 1979 HEL-TLV this Wednesday but it was cancelled. Finnair is.telling him that the next opportunity to get to TLV is the next Finnair flight on Friday.

"All other flights are full" is what CS said and my friend is calling regularly to check if there's any availability. I'm seeing availability through e.g. BA via LHR or even IB via BCN on Thursday. From non-OW airlines there are ridiculously cheap flights available on TK.

What are the odds of my intervening on his behalf via Plat CS?

Also, from a more "how do these rules go" point of view, isn't AY supposed to arrange my friend on the next possible flight and not the next scheduled AY flight?

As he's based in HEL he is staying at home. Does duty to care come into play here? Should he get a hotel room and possibly vouchers for meals while waiting for the flight? Or is he expected to go back home and wait two days until the next flight?

Any good IRROPS tips I can pass to my friend?
Old May 11, 2023, 2:08 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
My data point is few years old but had similar cancellation from TLV. At first they offered alternate AY flights days apart from the original booking. I strongly argued to AY CS that due to their cancellation the trip either becomes unreasonably short or overly lengthy. They rebooked us on BA via LHR.
ffay005 and Jyrsa like this.
Old May 11, 2023, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by avermat
My data point is few years old but had similar cancellation from TLV. At first they offered alternate AY flights days apart from the original booking. I strongly argued to AY CS that due to their cancellation the trip either becomes unreasonably short or overly lengthy. They rebooked us on BA via LHR.
"Yes there are flights available leaving today e.g. via LHR but the system won't price them so I can't put you on any of them". I suppose status and asking the other department might have helped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.