Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:10 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, LH M&M SEN, airbaltic Executive, Radisson VIP
2023 promotions

Moderators: please close 2022 thread.

====

OSL-SEA ~ 350€ YLight.
ffay005, Jyrsa, SPBanker and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 4:53 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Ex-OSL also JFK, ORD, MIA, LAX available for 340-370 EUR. But the cheapest price seems to require that inbound flight is AA/BA via LHR.
mpkz likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 3:17 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
This is not a campaign price, but a good one nevertheless. HEL-DXB return for 354 EUR is available on some dates in Oct, Nov and Dec as Y Light. 90 EUR more will get you Y Classic and 100 % longhaul points.
r2d2 and OH-LGG like this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005
This is not a campaign price, but a good one nevertheless. HEL-DXB return for 354 EUR is available on some dates in Oct, Nov and Dec as Y Light. 90 EUR more will get you Y Classic and 100 % longhaul points.
And exLHR 1227 GBP in C (classic).
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:54 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
You could even do HEL-DXB (next nested ticket) DXB-HEL, HEL-DXB and return. Would be possible in 4 days time.
About 1400€ with last flight in C classic, all others in eco classic.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Booked 2x J full flex tickets in November to DXB for 3200. A great deal considering J from London (on A359) nowadays almost costs as much.... Could have saved a bit with a non-flex fare but flexibility worth it.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by YClass
Booked 2x J full flex tickets in November to DXB for 3200. A great deal considering J from London (on A359) nowadays almost costs as much.... Could have saved a bit with a non-flex fare but flexibility worth it.
I hope you have noted that the "Flex" ticket does not allow for free changes. You may cancel at will, but if you want to change dates, you will always need to pay the fare difference.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I hope you have noted that the "Flex" ticket does not allow for free changes. You may cancel at will, but if you want to change dates, you will always need to pay the fare difference.
Actually I wanted to say u didnt save anything but rather lost money in not booking the cheapest fare, as the changing of your flex ticket willl always incur an added fare payment as the pricing never gets cheaper towards takeoff date…🤷‍♂️
Old Jan 27, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Classic is basically same as Flex. Only more points and possibility to cancel for refund.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Carotthat
You could even do HEL-DXB (next nested ticket) DXB-HEL, HEL-DXB and return. Would be possible in 4 days time.
About 1400€ with last flight in C classic, all others in eco classic.
Optimizing this routing with the last flight DXB-HEL-FRA, all in eco flex, would me get 51k points (without bonus) for 1370.-
Last flight in C flex would get me 61k points for 1984€, in C classic 56k points for 1780€
-> The best option ist eco flex, don't you think?
Adding Turku to this nightmare would make it 40€ more expensive (on the outbound) for 1,5k points.

Last edited by Carotthat; Jan 28, 2023 at 7:10 am
Old Jan 31, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by avermat
Classic is basically same as Flex. Only more points and possibility to cancel for refund.
Cancellation was the most important for me in case I change plans, as opposed to changing dates. But I get the point!
a_k likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Cancellation was the most important for me in case I change plans, as opposed to changing dates. But I get the point!
I actually had a case where I needed to reschedule my Y Flex fare and the new price was lower. I got the new schedule for free and a fare difference refund.
ffay005, Jainzar and a_k like this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 6:39 am

Somebody any suggestions for a one night's trip in november with a good mile/€ rate?
I am landing on nov 9th at 7AM, coming from DXB, and returning to DXB on friday 10th at 1:35PM.
Would be also thankful for any suggestions where to spend the layover-night, if not in Helsinki.

Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 3:32 am

Programs: some
Pretty quiet around here given the 100 years of Finnair celebration (or are the recent enhancements considered rewarding enough so that in this special year, no proper promotions are required?)
FFlash likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Scheitan
Pretty quiet around here given the 100 years of Finnair celebration (or are the recent enhancements considered rewarding enough so that in this special year, no proper promotions are required?)
100 years - probably having a nap.
r2d2 and Clydez like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.