Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Is it just HEL-WAW flights that are being cut recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2022, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond

A few months ago I bought return tix from WAW to SIN (via HEL) and a few weeks afterwards I received a message from Finnair that the WAW-HEL leg has been cancelled, with my booking moved to a flight several hours earlier. Bummer.

Just yesterday I received another email from Finnair that on the return journey my HEL-WAW flight has also been cancelled and that I will be placed on the next flight... 5 hours later. Once again, bummer.

Are they culling flights on a larger scale? Seems strange that in just a single booking I am facing problems on both the outbound and inbound...
Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
You don’t write which month but e.g next month they are also cutting TLL flights.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
CDG down from 4 to 3 dailies (5 before Covid) as well. Probably all routes are being rationalised
Old Dec 2, 2022, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by remymartin
You don’t write which month but e.g next month they are also cutting TLL flights.
Dec 25th outbound and January 6 inbound have been cancelled.

Luckily I have been able to move the dates by a day (on each leg) to get back to the original flight times. Actually wanted to move the inbound forward by 2 days but was told that the change would no longer be free.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by aster
Dec 25th outbound and January 6 inbound have been cancelled.
Both days are Finnish holidays. No wonder they get axed as everyone has to be paid double and pax load must be relatively load.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avermat
Both days are Finnish holidays. No wonder they get axed as everyone has to be paid double and pax load must be relatively load.
Wouldn't you expect them to plan ahead of time? I mean every country has holidays and they set the dates knowing what they will do well in advance...
Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
It is not uncommon for airlines to fine tune their schedule closer to date.

Since covid, demand has been very unpredictable.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 4:05 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by aster
Wouldn't you expect them to plan ahead of time? I mean every country has holidays and they set the dates knowing what they will do well in advance...
One would, but... Many years ago, I trusted AY to fly me to MIA 25DEC. It ended up being one big mess when they cancelled some weeks ahead. In the end, I bought a new ticket with Martinair (which I managed to get AY to pay for), and then US Customs flagged me as a druck trafficker. Oh, memories...
miamiflyer8 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffay005
I bought a new ticket with Martinair (which I managed to get AY to pay for), and then US Customs flagged me as a druck trafficker. Oh, memories...
Would like to hear the long version of that story some day.

So far everything has been smooth as silk with Finnair changing the dates free of charge so that I can switch planes at HEL without sitting in a bar for several hours. Cannot really complain about how they handled it, even though when they did the date change they somehow knocked me from PE to econ for some strange reason (all sorted now though, customer support was excellent).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.