Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Change due to Bereavement

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Flight Change due to Bereavement

I just found that my uncle (one of my very few close family in the US) is in serious condition and is basically terminal. I have an award booked through AY in J JFK-ARN-HEL on July 18 and depending on his decline, I may not be able to travel on that date. I wanted to find out if Finnair allows for flight changes in cases of bereavement esp as this an award ticket. Depending on the timeline, I might still want to travel a few days later as I have a wedding to attend the July 26 so not looking to just cancel outright. Any experiences or information would be very appreciated
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I think award tix are flexible anyway before departure - subject to award availabiliy, of course.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
I had a similar situation on Lufthansa First Awards a few years ago, they absolutely helped and with no questions they moved the tickets even if awards weren’t there anymore.

So I guess if you call them and explain your situation, it would be possible to move the flights.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I think award tix are flexible anyway before departure - subject to award availabiliy, of course.
Originally Posted by Ed Size
I had a similar situation on Lufthansa First Awards a few years ago, they absolutely helped and with no questions they moved the tickets even if awards weren’t there anymore.

So I guess if you call them and explain your situation, it would be possible to move the flights.
Thanks for the replies. That's what I am hoping as there is definitely no award space and hasnt been been for a few weeks (I was thinking of changing my flights even before the news)
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by kq747
Thanks for the replies. That's what I am hoping as there is definitely no award space and hasnt been been for a few weeks (I was thinking of changing my flights even before the news)
I would honestly be SCHOCKED if ay actually cared 🤷‍♂️ I doubt they will change without U inventory

Lately they just have not seemed to...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.