Wiki Posts
Search

Removing Finnair miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2022, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G MM
Removing Finnair miles

I booked a business ticket for a relative ARN-LAX-NAN (Fiji) return and entered an Alaska FF number . Unfortunately, when she set up online access to the booking on the AY website it created an account and changed the mileage accumulation to Finnair.

Is it possible to delete these miles and have them credited to Alaska? I did this within *A many years ago.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by gnaget
I booked a business ticket for a relative ARN-LAX-NAN (Fiji) return and entered an Alaska FF number . Unfortunately, when she set up online access to the booking on the AY website it created an account and changed the mileage accumulation to Finnair.

Is it possible to delete these miles and have them credited to Alaska? I did this within *A many years ago.
Why don’t you first try and change the FF# during OLCI or at the counter?

I had a check in SNAFU a few years ago at MCO, to make long story short the AA agent clobbered up my AAdvantage and AY+ numbers which could’ve resulted in miles going to AA when I wanted them to AY. I called AY and they told me to request AA to delete the miles and then send proof to AY. I didn’t end up having to do this as they got credited correctly, but did sound like a headache at the time.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cash ticket?
Has the flight been taken? Removing ff miles after a flight and crediting to another ffp is hard~impossible with most ffp's.
Or in the future? Just use AY manage booking to change the ffn

LAX-NAN probably a codeshare on Fiji Airlines, so check ff earning.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 19, 2022 at 8:46 pm
Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. It has already been flown (both outbound legs on AY and FJ respectively).The return is in about 36 hours. I guess the best option is not to credit the return flights anywhere until after we figure out the possibilities. Fiji Air is a disaster overall and requires manual intervention to credit flights. I guess it ultimately depends on Alaska, which seems to be pretty flexible. They allowed retro credit from 2 years ago; Fiji failed to credit flights as usual and did not notice until now.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I have in the past asked miles to be deleted so I could credit them elsewhere. Essentially you need to call/chat AY to delete them and once they’re deleted request AS the miles.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.

I have requested in the past (unintentionally) AS miles from an AF flight without noticing they were already posted on my Flying Blue acct.
They were posted in my AS acct w/o being removed from my Flying Blue acct.

Maybe try this course to see if the automatically delete them from AY.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remymartin
I have in the past asked miles to be deleted so I could credit them elsewhere. Essentially you need to call/chat AY to delete them and once they’re deleted request AS the miles.
Thanks. From another thread, it is quite difficult to contact AY customer service. But when I booked this ticket I had a question and someone answered within a few minutes on the chat. I remember his name was Nikolaj. Given the purge of everything Russian, I wonder if he's still there......
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
I have requested in the past (unintentionally) AS miles from an AF flight without noticing they were already posted on my Flying Blue acct.
They were posted in my AS acct w/o being removed from my Flying Blue acct.

Maybe try this course to see if the automatically delete them from AY.
Thanks. I think Alaska always requires a BP copy. Unfortunately all the BPs have the AY number. What was quite annoying was the fact that you cannot even credit FJ to AY. If you try to enter a FF account on FJ's website they only offer those that participate like AA, AS, QF, etc. But somehow they managed to get AY ###### on the BP.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I remember his name was Nikolaj. Given the purge of everything Russian, I wonder if he's still there......
Don't worry. He's Bulgarian. That's where AY outsourced their CS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.