Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Impact of Russian airspace closure on Finnair

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impact of Russian airspace closure on Finnair

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by florens
Not on 02MAR, we'll found out tonight.
They still fly over Turkey, Egypt and Saudi.

Looking at the map, I realise that Iran wouldn't help much anyway now that Russia is out of bounds.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Finnair has hit a bit of turbulence in Japanese media and aviation forums for their suggestion that due to the longer flight times planned, passengers are recommended to bring their own snacks.

We have our normal meal service on these flights, and due to the longer travel time, we recommend you also take some snacks with you.
https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/flight...russia-2548116
Old Mar 5, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Finnair has hit a bit of turbulence in Japanese media and aviation forums for their suggestion that due to the longer flight times planned, passengers are recommended to bring their own snacks.
To be honest, they should get a lot more turbulence for saying that and not calling themselves low cost airline.
ffay005, Ed Size, the810 and 7 others like this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
AY141 which used to depart in afternoon and arrive early morning in BKK used to serve breakfast as 2nd meal round

Flight 141 got replaced by 143, which departs 00.45 and arrives end of afternoon in BKK.

I wonder what they’ll do with their 2nd meal service
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
AY141 which used to depart in afternoon and arrive early morning in BKK used to serve breakfast as 2nd meal round

Flight 141 got replaced by 143, which departs 00.45 and arrives end of afternoon in BKK.

I wonder what they’ll do with their 2nd meal service
at least pre-covid it was a regular breakfast even though the flight arrived in the afternoon local time.
I don't think this would have changed now.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/flight-information/travel-up
hdates/changes-in-finnair-flights-to-asia-and-russia-2548116
Not surprised. A very Finnish approach to the problem that goes against what is expected in Japan. Sure, not many passengers these days but for a long time the majority will be Japanese citizens so this is bad PR.

How difficult would it be to load some senbei? Or "splash" with that old fika concept? "Exotic" cinnamon buns eg
CPH-Flyer, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
No problem with TYO and BKK catering today…
PS - Premium Plaza is full with Chinese pax in full hazmat gear (bunny suits, etc) - rather funny

SPBanker and remymartin like this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Based on long haul menus and AY meal pictures shown here, I'm sure own snacks/meals are recommended or even mandatory.
ffay005, Ed Size, the810 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
They seem to think HEL-HKT is still doable in 10h 5min, no update on app/email.
Return HKT-HEL was changed to 13h 10min in app and email was sent.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Tuvv
at least pre-covid it was a regular breakfast even though the flight arrived in the afternoon local time.
I don't think this would have changed now.
It has changed! They are offering the BKK-HEL menu now also on the HEL-BKK route

This is AY143

EDIT: nvm. They gave the entire business class the wrong menu 😂😂😂😂😂 it’s either the rainbow trout or the chicken with shemiji mushrooms. Same choices for half a year
the810, cistavoda and Tuvv like this.

Last edited by EuroFlash; Mar 6, 2022 at 3:34 pm
Old Mar 6, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
It has changed! They are offering the BKK-HEL menu now also on the HEL-BKK route

This is AY143

EDIT: nvm. They gave the entire business class the wrong menu 😂😂😂😂😂 it’s either the rainbow trout or the chicken with shemiji mushrooms. Same choices for half a year
Dont you just love it when they give you false hope 😀😀😀
cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:13 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Hahaha!
"Yes sir, we have changed the menu! We just don't serve what is on the menu. "
r2d2, the810, cistavoda and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 1:48 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore

This is AY143

Since I don t like that kind of frustration, I order the same dish out of HEL since years, but even then you will get something different from time to time. I haven t flown AY for over two years now on the route to BKK and I don t miss anything. Next flight to BKK is in six weeks on KL and I m happy with that.

Does anyone remember when AY served soup pre dinner? And you could have that soup AND the starter?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Does anyone remember when AY served soup pre dinner? And you could have that soup AND the starter?
Oh yes, along with the garlic bread - good times! Feels like a lifetime ago!
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
Oh yes, along with the garlic bread - good times! Feels like a lifetime ago!
And did anyone thought that soup and that garlic bread will become a game changer, cost wise? If I ll run that company I rather ask for 5€ more for a J ticket then to cut this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.