Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New bistro style longhaul J meals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: AY LUMO
For AY long hauls departing from HEL, meal code is then Burger King (BKML)
GaryK84, Kelju, SPBanker and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:39 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
Well, I guess the first picture shows us AY's interpretation of 7 courses. ...
I think something has been "lost in translation". I think they never meant "courses". They meant "dishes" - and not in the meaning "courses" but in the meaning "plates" and "bowls".
The new china contains 7 pieces of crockery for each passenger: 1 small dinner plate, 2 small bowls, 2 accessory plates, 2 accessory bowls. 7 pieces, technically limiting them to serve a maximum of 7 food items separately. In this "bistro" concept, each food item goes on a separate plate, so that is why this number 7 was important to communicate. I am pretty sure these 7 pieces are designed to fit the loading first and foremost.

Nuts takes one accessory bowl and 3 blueberries can then take the second accessory bowl - and that becomes two dishes.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
For AY long hauls departing from HEL, meal code is then Burger King (BKML)
I thought it was ALMK (alepa makula)

But only 2 (two) pieces of cheese?! It used to be 3 (three) until it was enchanced. This can hardly be called upgraded offering, it is not even return to normal level.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
It is now so sustainable that they do not have any extra butter or keiju on board, which itself comes in those tiny doses. One really must bring their own butter to business class! On my last flight I ate 3 bread rolls as the cold salad just isn't enough, and the purser was able to find one extra butter, which apparently came from one of the crew meals. I felt sorry for even asking for a spare butter after that. This is really becoming preposterous.

Yet Economy pax can preorder a warm meal for flights over 4 hours. The selection looks like the old Seat&Meal dishes, which I actually loved. I would often take economy exit row with a Seat&Meal over J when available, though typically the Seat&Meal was not strictly available on exit row but on the two rows behind it. What I would do is change seats to exit row after ordering the meal, and the IT system didn't cancel the meal Why is it so bad to have this Seat&Meal option again and for flights less than 4 hours... and why must they serve a small cold salad in business class when people would like to eat more and something warm... everything good always taken away. Sorry, I of course mean enhanced away.

Last edited by zxcv1; Feb 15, 2022 at 3:02 am
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by reflektia
I thought it was ALMK (alepa makula)
I enjoyed this meal on HEL-AGP yesterday. Alepa Chicken Cesar Baguette for 4 €. On board, the price for a similar baguette is 8 €.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:37 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
One of the stylish pictures shows a lonely milk jug with some oats spread on the table. Pic is labeled oat milk, and it seems they will no longer offer cow milk.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition
One of the stylish pictures shows a lonely milk jug with some oats spread on the table. Pic is labeled oat milk, and it seems they will no longer offer cow milk.
Not being able to get proper milk in the coffee might actually be a deal breaker....
Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
This vegan greenwashing idiotism is getting out of hand. Are these AY people so stupid themselves or do they think pax are stupid enough to believe this is somehow saving the planet???
SK, ffay005, Ed Size and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Not being able to get proper milk in the coffee might actually be a deal breaker....
it is for me, coffee without milk is not doable.... and oat liquid is NOT milk🤣🤣
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Didn't they have these weird 'big plate tiny portion' meal pictures when they redid the regional J catering?
florens likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Really? There is Burger King at HEL, just give all the J pax some BK vouchers and we are fine stop pretending, this is what me makes angry. Don t call it "Businessclass" anymore if the space and the service are too expensive to deliver. I just hate scam, give me the real deal.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by zxcv1
It is now so sustainable that they do not have any extra butter or keiju on board, which itself comes in those tiny doses. One really must bring their own butter to business class! On my last flight I ate 3 bread rolls as the cold salad just isn't enough, and the purser was able to find one extra butter, which apparently came from one of the crew meals. I felt sorry for even asking for a spare butter after that. This is really becoming preposterous.

Yet Economy pax can preorder a warm meal for flights over 4 hours. The selection looks like the old Seat&Meal dishes, which I actually loved. I would often take economy exit row with a Seat&Meal over J when available, though typically the Seat&Meal was not strictly available on exit row but on the two rows behind it. What I would do is change seats to exit row after ordering the meal, and the IT system didn't cancel the meal Why is it so bad to have this Seat&Meal option again and for flights less than 4 hours... and why must they serve a small cold salad in business class when people would like to eat more and something warm... everything good always taken away. Sorry, I of course mean enhanced away.
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
To be honest with you, I actually like, what I see on those pictures. Just hoping that they also taste good.
if that is the portion size I will be starving 😏🤣🤣🤣

Those look like KIDS portions 😁
r2d2 and Flying Yazata like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Oh, and I like this option. They just taken the rye bread in a plastic bag from ARN-HEL service and put on a plate. Tada! Full business class meal!

And here is the long-haul economy meal.

Oh I missed these! Want HEL-ARN J J J!!! Riistaleipä is back! Lohileipä ryelax is here!

And SAS-låda is coming, welcome!

Okay I promise to be positive and expect being suprised by the taste, but I am more curious about how much these new things add to costs for the airline for all the changes and related paid consultations etc.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Tip to Hesburger and McDonalds: you should open at HEL. Every AY arrival will be queuing for burgers after their flight, regardless of economy or business class.

I'm appalled at the low quantity of food. On QR QSuite the food kept coming, it was quite good, and my thoughts often wander back to my experiences with QR. On Finnair you must bring your own butter doses if you want to have more than one tiny bread roll (voinappi), as they load 1 tiny dose of butter per meal and not a single dose more. I believe even Finnish prisons give you more than one butter dose per meal.

I knew it already from the market speak "7 dishes" and "modern bistro" that this cannot end well.

Please, make available just one option of simple food like mashed potato and meat loaf or balls. Load those onboard in enough quantity that people can help themselves to seconds and thirds. These "modern bistro" tastings must be supplemented with actual food.
r2d2, ffay005, intuition and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:25 am

bread plates are expensive these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.