Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FFlash
Terms and conditions for promos can be found here.

DOUBLE POINTS PROMO:
LIMITED-TIME ONLY: DOUBLE POINTS FROM FLIGHTS

Only new reservations made between 4 January 2022 (00:00:01 UTC +2) and 11 January 2022 (23:59:59 UTC +2) are eligible for extra points. Travel period: 4 January–31 August 2022. Eligible routes: Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes. Eligible ticket types: Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Classic, Business Flex. Extra points are award and tier points. Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time. Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.

Triple points for your flights

• Only new reservations made between 3 May 2022 (00:00:01 UTC+3) and 10 May 2022 (23:59:59 UTC+3) are eligible for extra points.
  • Travel period: 4 May–31 December 2022.
  • Eligible routes: all Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes.
  • Eligible ticket types: all ticket types (Light, Classic, Flex) from all travel classes (Economy Class, Premium Economy, Business Class)
  • Extra points are award points and tier points.
  • Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.
  • Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.
  • See more details about earning points from flights.

30% off Finnair Classic award flights

• Sales period: from 3 May (00:00:01 UTC+3) to 10 May (23:59:59 UTC+3) 2022.
  • Travel period: 4 May–30 November 2022.
  • See more details about award flights and discounted prices.
  • Flights to and from these destinations are excluded from the discount: Chania, China, Dallas, Dubai, Edinburgh, Alanya, Heraklion, Japan, Korea, Las Palmas, Los Angeles (Direct flights between Arlanda and Los Angeles are not excluded), Madeira, Malaga, Naples, New York (Direct flights between Arlanda and New York are not excluded), Palma de Mallorca, Porto, Rhodes, Seattle, Tenerife, Verona, Visby.

Print Wikipost

2022 promotions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
Matrix booking-code filter ("F BC=code") won't work as all book into the same code.
Isn't Economy Light never in Y, B, or H?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Don't know but it is worth checking.
however 2 problems with that strategy
1 No OTA offers YBH when lower classes exists
2 YBH is usually more expensive that business class
So if anyone knows fare codes and knows how to determine classic and flex from fare code name that would be highly appreciated

Btw, the "only flex fare" filter on Expedia et Al doesn't work with Finnair anymore. Selecting it results in zero flights
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:02 am

So if anyone knows fare codes and knows how to determine classic and flex from fare code name that would be highly appreciated
The second last letter seems to be F for Eco Flex in Europe (bolding). All of the examples below are current and for bookings after September 2021.

Examples of Economy Flex fare codes for HEL-Europe:
ONN0S9FE
KNN0S9FE
VNN0S9FE

Economy Light for HEL-Europe:
ZNN0S9BE
ZNN7T9BE
QNN0S9BE

Economy Flex fare codes for HEL-North America
HNN0C8M8
QNN7C8M8
LLN7C2M8 (contains Europe-HEL legs as well: Europe-HEL-North America-HEL-Europe)
renila likes this.

Last edited by zxcv1; Jan 4, 2022 at 6:13 am Reason: added another code
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by temppa
Y Flex: FCO-HEL-BKK 629€ rt
J Flex: FCO-HEL-BKK 1863€ rt
nice find indeed... could do one J flex and one Y flex 😁🤣
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
FCO Seems like the lowest price for J flex.

Any experiences with a direct turn there?

Time is not my friend these days so one J flex might be worth the investment...

I would have preferred to take the march trip to HKT but prices to there are not the best

Still some doubt if BKK will be open in march..
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
FCO Seems like the lowest price for J flex.

Any experiences with a direct turn there?
Other European cities work as well, e.g. CDG-BKK J Flex 1843 eur.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:33 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
How to interpret the requirement for classic/flex? Does ticket type "Economy Classic Campaign" count? From Finnair's "marvellous" web-site one can't tell, but it seems that "Economy Classic Campaign" is a separate type? The bundled "perks" differ from the type "Economy Classic" (non-refundable vs refundable with 180€ penalty).
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
How to interpret the requirement for classic/flex? Does ticket type "Economy Classic Campaign" count? From Finnair's "marvellous" web-site one can't tell, but it seems that "Economy Classic Campaign" is a separate type? The bundled "perks" differ from the type "Economy Classic" (non-refundable vs refundable with 180€ penalty).
We had the question already during the BF promotion but I don't remember that this was clearly answered. Not sure if anybody volunteered.

At least the unclear restriction "BF routes only" is gone this time.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by Jainzar
We had the question already during the BF promotion but I don't remember that this was clearly answered. Not sure if anybody volunteered.

At least the unclear restriction "BF routes only" is gone this time.
Yeah, that is what I remembered (that is was talked about).

I did a quick research, one sample to NRT.

Booking-class Q and fares starting with Q seems to correspond "Campaign" versions of fares. But it is unclear to me if this is controlled by bucket Q or by fare basis ending in "8". My observation is that "campaign" versions of a ticket can only be booked in Q for this test, and the only two fare basis that has Q is ending in B8 and M8 (as for light and classic campaign)

zxcv1's observation that flex is YBH seems not entirely correct. in my sample there is no special fare class or fare basis that correspond to Flex ticket type, so it seems class is what controls it. However in my sample H-class has both M7 and B7 fare, ie has a light and classic version. So at least for some destinations, lowest bucket that Flex books into is B

Still, I can't tell with certainty if "campaign" is a separate type, but if we think that second last character of fare basis corresponds to type, then campaign classic is indistinguishable from classic. But if M8 denotes campaign classic and M7 and up denotes classic, then they can/will destinguish between them

BTW, it is incredibly cumbersome to find out this information, Finnair no longer shows any info about the fare. Without a TA tool it is impossible to know what you are buying. Way to go Finnair...
Purjelentaja likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
If I book a business classic ticket to Tallinn via HEL, the HEL TLL leg does not have business class, how are points awarded in that case? based on ticket type (biz classic) at 2000 points or based on type (classic) + travel class (economy), so economy classic 1000 points although the fare basis is business class?

Also what is your experience in case of change of ticket and reissue after January 11th? would this still qualify for the double points promo since the original reservation was made during the promo period?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by ranskis
If I book a business classic ticket to Tallinn via HEL, the HEL TLL leg does not have business class, how are points awarded in that case? based on ticket type (biz classic) at 2000 points or based on type (classic) + travel class (economy), so economy classic 1000 points although the fare basis is business class?
When booking Business Class, HEL-TLL books into B or Y class, so it'll credit as Economy.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Here is an example for ARN-BKK return:

So everything can be booked to any bucket (Flex ticket to I and Light ticket to C/J). Availability is controlled by the buckets.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by temppa
Here is an example for ARN-BKK return:
In your case the same rule as I observed is valid as well: the second last letter is F for Flex, B for Light, and apparently C for Classic. But then we have the North America fare codes in Eco Flex where the second last letter is M.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by florens
When booking Business Class, HEL-TLL books into B or Y class, so it'll credit as Economy.
If ticket type is Business then it credits as Business Class. Like domestic flights.
florens likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
If ticket type is Business then it credits as Business Class. Like domestic flights.
Quickly checking the domestic/nordic origins (one-class destinations), and all the published fares books the addon sector to B-bucket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.