Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
New cabin on:
333 LTM LTO LTP LTR LTS LTT LTU (C28W21Y230)

359:
LWB (C43W24Y211)
LWC (C43W24Y211)
LWD (C43W24Y211)
LWE (C43W24Y211)
LWF (C43W24Y211)
LWG (C43W24Y211)
LWH (C43W24Y211)
LWI (C30W26Y265)
LWK (C30W26Y265)
LWL (C30W26Y265)
LWM (C43W24Y211)
LWN (C30W26Y265)
LWO (C30W26Y265)
LWP (C30W26Y265)
LWR (C30W26Y265)
LWS (C30W26Y265)

Routes with "guaranteed" new cabin W23–24 (29OCT23 onwards):
BKK (AY141/142), DFW (AY19/20), DEL (AY121/122), DOH (AY1981/1982, AY1983/1984, AY1985/1986), HKG (AY99/100), JFK (AY15/AY16), SIN (AY131/132), HND (AY61/62)

Print Wikipost

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024, 3:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lkrt
Yes, 07JAN AY001 seems to be with old cabin.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved

I was kind of looking forward to the novelty of the new cabin.
Well we misconnected due to an mx delay BUD-HEL . . . rebooked next day (today) via LHR, and got to try the new seat on AY1331. Apart from the miss, very impressed with AY's product, especially the FAs and the food (but the non-Schengen lounge at HEL, not so much).
ffay005 and mpkz like this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:22 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005
Yeah, old cabin. And it is scheduled to serve DXB with the old cabin all the way to the end of the winter schedule.
Seasons last three HEL-DXB-HEL flights (25MAR24 - 30MAR24) are now switched to 359.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 9:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Now after flying few flights in AY new LH cabin and on oldish BA Club seat (A380, hence seat being some 10 years old) I need to say the AY seat is really bad for sleeping. For privacy and working the seat is superb, vs the old very exposed CW seat with Subpar IFE but oh man how well one sleeps on it. Kind of sad to know that seat we Helsinki-based people will be using a lot is so big drop on sleeping comfort vs market standard from 10-15 years ago.
JackieTrent, FFlash and wadia13 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:46 am

Programs: AY LUMO
This is premium:

FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:32 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Now after flying few flights in AY new LH cabin and on oldish BA Club seat (A380, hence seat being some 10 years old) I need to say the AY seat is really bad for sleeping. For privacy and working the seat is superb, vs the old very exposed CW seat with Subpar IFE but oh man how well one sleeps on it. Kind of sad to know that seat we Helsinki-based people will be using a lot is so big drop on sleeping comfort vs market standard from 10-15 years ago.
I must misunderstand your report since I have the 100% opposite experience and preference, but yes maybe I am just misreading what u saying here.
Ed Size, LoungeEnthusiast and lkrt like this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:57 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AY Platinum
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
I actually just managed to get 7 hours of sleep in the new AY seat, which is a new record for me. It did however require me to snag two extra pillows from the only unoccupied seat in the cabin, so I could make myself comfortable enough to sleep in a semi reclining position. Most of the other passengers were Japanese with a tour group, and the ones seated close to me did not seem impressed with the seats based on what I saw and heard.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:58 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
I must misunderstand your report since I have the 100% opposite experience and preference, but yes maybe I am just misreading what u saying here.
No, you are just wrong, there is nothing wrong about it
But on a day flight, new seat is great, I personally just can not get myself sleeping well on that angled foot cavity.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:12 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Theres alot of people sleeping without the small footrest thingy turned, having that 10cm gap.
Do people actually think this is a feature and dont ask cc about it or why doesnt cc help people with the seat?
Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:26 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
After a few legs on Singapore Airlines A350 LR version *) I must say they have struck the right balance on this whole "sofa bed without recline" concept. While Finnair's version is entirely fixed and thus probably cost less in purchase and maintenance, Singapore has a more traditional seat with a motorised recline. But the recline is limited, becuase the flat bed is not done by recline. Instead, the backrest folds over on top of the seat and the backside of the backrest is padded too, and is a ready-made bed with mattress, quilt and pillow.

This allows for great sitting-comfort and great sleeping comfort. You can sit upright in a traditional seat, you recline a bit for movie-style sitting and you can get a full flat surface without joins. The seat itself feels big, at least as big as the seating area of the Finnair seat and the bed position feels wider. SQ fits the same number of seats between doors 1 and 2 so outer dimensions of seats seems similar.

The seat is not without flaws and I'm sure SQ has incentives to invest more in seats than Finnair, but as far as the "sofa bed without recline" concept goes, I think it was pretty smart of SQ to do a hybrid - the comfort in all positions is better than the "revolutionary design" Finnair went with.

*) this seat is installed on A350 LR, ULR and B777 and has been flying since 2013. On A380 they apaprently went back to reclining seats into bed postition
Old Feb 17, 2024, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
After a few legs on Singapore Airlines A350 LR version *) I must say they have struck the right balance on this whole "sofa bed without recline" concept. While Finnair's version is entirely fixed and thus probably cost less in purchase and maintenance, Singapore has a more traditional seat with a motorised recline. But the recline is limited, becuase the flat bed is not done by recline. Instead, the backrest folds over on top of the seat and the backside of the backrest is padded too, and is a ready-made bed with mattress, quilt and pillow.

This allows for great sitting-comfort and great sleeping comfort. You can sit upright in a traditional seat, you recline a bit for movie-style sitting and you can get a full flat surface without joins. The seat itself feels big, at least as big as the seating area of the Finnair seat and the bed position feels wider. SQ fits the same number of seats between doors 1 and 2 so outer dimensions of seats seems similar.

The seat is not without flaws and I'm sure SQ has incentives to invest more in seats than Finnair, but as far as the "sofa bed without recline" concept goes, I think it was pretty smart of SQ to do a hybrid - the comfort in all positions is better than the "revolutionary design" Finnair went with.

*) this seat is installed on A350 LR, ULR and B777 and has been flying since 2013. On A380 they apaprently went back to reclining seats into bed postition
I've used both and the SQ seat is only good if you have a bulkhead. Otherwise, the seat is nice and wide but you have this tiny little cubby off to the side that makes it pretty uncomfortable to lounge in, especially if over 170ish cm, and it takes up a similar amount of space as the AY seat.
impeymac likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:43 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Just took off from HKG and saw an AY plane at the maintanence area - too far/too dark to see if it was A350 or A330....
Anyone?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by sakari1707
Just took off from HKG and saw an AY plane at the maintanence area - too far/too dark to see if it was A350 or A330....
Anyone?
OH-LTS
ffay005 and SPBanker like this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 6:54 am

So AY seems to be the only airline using the Collins AirLounge seat. Just wondering if any other airline is even interested in this seat design (or something similar). Given the somewhat mixed reviews of the seat (as seen in this thread), perhaps Finnair will have this design to itself?
FFlash likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 8:19 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by wadia13
So AY seems to be the only airline using the Collins AirLounge seat. Just wondering if any other airline is even interested in this seat design (or something similar). Given the somewhat mixed reviews of the seat (as seen in this thread), perhaps Finnair will have this design to itself?
no one else can hold the LCC stamp (Lowcost C Cabin) 🤪
nah, I like that seat and cabin atmosphere
Old Apr 23, 2024, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
no one else can hold the LCC stamp (Lowcost C Cabin) 🤪
nah, I like that seat and cabin atmosphere
It's a great seat if you can manage to pilfer some additional pillows!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.