Wiki Posts
Search

Crowds

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Lumo idiots are not awake that early
Ha, yeah. Rumor has that kauppias recently had an early morning post-lounge shock rush to gate, as a penalty for not completing his Lumo ambition😁
remymartin and cistavoda like this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 10:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Intermittent crowding at Helsinki Airport as traffic begins to recover | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
I was at HEL last Friday around 3pm. The check-in area was really crowded. Was 5 groups ahead of us in platinum line. Priority had a queue 3 times longer, but 2 desks serving them. The "special assistance" lines where really long, except the one for wheelchairs etc.

Fast-track security was closed, but no queue in the regular one, so was no need for that. Finnair Lounge was pretty crowded too. Flights in both directions (WAW) were about 90% full. ATR on the way out and E190 back
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
I was at HEL on Monday at 630am. Platinum check in had about 5 people in front of me. Priority security was open with three people at the machine in front of me. Passport control (for flight to MAN) took about 1 minute. It was not clear if I could have visited the lounge since my boarding pass offered "no lounge access .. this invitation is for 2 persons" and the schengen lounge is anyway in some strange closed off part of the airport with some extra kind of health screening and I had to show my boarding pass to get from priority security into the tax free to get to the passport control end of the "short haul" terminal.
Several parts of the airport were shut off behind closed doors - the section 53-55 and "gate" 50.
On the other hand once in the "long haul" terminal the tax free there was closed and the shortcut open (some FA's once told me off for following them through the shortcut when all pax should have gone through the wretched shop).
I was quite surprised at the E90 to MAN could be accessed via gate 55 jetway and no need for a bus. I didn't think the jetway would go that low.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
It can very well be that in the name of sustainability, the all-vegan lounge doesn't accept non-Schengen pax. But on your way from security to lounge to non-Schengen there would have been no health aunties to worry about. You enter the lounge via the stairs at gate 26 and exit the same way. The health aunties are based at gate 22.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:55 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Well, my experience over a week ago at about 5PM, only one security check open in T2, 4/7 lines in use, very crowded, took 45 minutes to get through.
esledo likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by aapee
Well, my experience over a week ago at about 5PM, only one security check open in T2, 4/7 lines in use, very crowded, took 45 minutes to get through.
Last Monday at 4 pm I noticed that T1 security was open with only a handful of pax, so I didn't bother to go landside to T2, just went airside at T1 and trekked airside to gate 26
ffay005, SPBanker, FFlash and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.