Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Covid testing options at HEL [was Finnair to offer rapid covid test at HEL for 65€]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
COVID-19 test services at or around HEL airport
  • 9Lives - walk-in: T2 bus platform 37 and drive-in: Lentoasemantie, airport-bound, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (43 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 135 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (35 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/testing-...antaa-airport/, walk-in: 0900-1700 (9 AM-5 PM) and drive-in: 1400-2200 (2 PM-10 PM), optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • Aava - T2 3rd floor, antigen (LFT): 139 € (127 € per person for a group) with 30-45 min turnaround, RT-PCR: 189 € with next day turnaround or 300 € with 2 h turnaround, https://www.aava.fi/en/service/coron...air-passengers, paper certificate extra
  • Finnair - Tietotie 9 (Finnair HQ), antigen (LFT): 65 € for Finnair pax (79 € others) with 2 h turnaround, RT-PCR: 93 € for Finnair pax (120 € others) with 2 h turnaround, https://www.finnair.com/en/safe-trav...avirus-testing, Mon-Fri 0800-1600 (8 AM-4 PM), needs to prebooked
COVID-19 test services in Helsinki
  • 9Lives - Vuosaari, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 100 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/coronavirus-testing/, see website for opening hours, optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • 9Lives - Kamppi and Pasila, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 135 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (35 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/coronavirus-testing/, see website for opening hours, optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • A5 Laboratoriot (Testaakorona.fi) - Kamppi shopping centre (next to the Narinkkatori entrance), antigen (LFT): 39€ (69 € with English e-mailed certificate) with 15 min turnaround, RT-PCR: 100 € (inc. certificate) with a same day turnaround by 2000 (8 PM), https://www.testaakorona.fi/, Mon-Fri 0800-1600 (8 AM-4 PM)
  • Medipulssi - Pikkalankatu 3 (Malmi), antigen (LFT): 50 € with 30-45 min turnaround, RT-PCR: 100 € with approx. 24 h turnaround or express service with a 40 € surcharge (140 € in total) and a same day turnaround by 2100 (9 PM), if the sample is taken by 1300 (1 PM) - otherwise by next day 0900 (9 AM) on weekdays and noon (1200/12 PM) on weekends (Sat-Sun), https://medipulssi.fi/palvelut/koronatesti-ja-todistus/, Mon-Fri 0800-2000 (8 AM-8 PM), Sat 1000-1600 (10 AM-4 PM), Sun 1200-1600 (12 PM-4 PM), needs to be prebooked
  • Medipulssi - Itäkeskus (Tallinnanaukio) and Kamppi shopping centre (Narinkkatori entrance), RT-PCR: 100€, express service +40€ (test done by 13:00, result same day before 00:00. antigen (LFT) 50€
  • Pihlajalinna - Munkkivuori, antigen (LFT): 80 € (with Finnair discount), RT-PCR: 93 € (with Finnair discount), https://www.pihlajalinna.fi/finnair, needs to be prebooked
  • PR2You - Länsisatamankatu 23 (Jätkäsaari), RT-PCR: 99 € with SMAL discount code (others: 120 €) and currently a 12-30 h turnaround, https://www.pr2y.fi/, the certificate is in English and German
COVID-19 test services in Espoo
  • 9Lives - Espoonlahti and Tapiola, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 100 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/coronavirus-testing/, see website for opening hours, optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • Pihlajalinna - Matinkylä, antigen (LFT): 80 € (with Finnair discount), RT-PCR: 93 € (with Finnair discount), https://www.pihlajalinna.fi/finnair, needs to be prebooked
COVID-19 test services in Vantaa
  • 9Lives - Ala-Tikkurila, Koivukylä and Martinlaakso, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 100 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/coronavirus-testing/, see website for opening hours, optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • A5 Laboratoriot (Testaakorona.fi) - Tammiston kauppatie 13, antigen (LFT): 39 € (49 € with printed certificate) with 15 min turnaround, RT-PCR: 100 € (inc. certificate) with a turnaround by 2000 (8 PM), https://www.testaakorona.fi/, Mon-Fri 0700-1500 (7 AM-3 PM)
The current wiki entry format in a nutshell: Service provider - location, antigen (LFT) or RT-PCR, price and turnaround, website, opening hours, anything else relevant (e.g. prebooking).

Print Wikipost

Covid testing options at HEL [was Finnair to offer rapid covid test at HEL for 65€]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat

The article in Finnish: https://www.iltalehti.fi/kotimaa/a/490e2e27-67c6-4408-a913-8c7b20097624?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=artikk eli&utm_campaign=whatsapp-share

In short they will offer a rapid test for 65€ at their HQ and it will be conducted by Finnair health services.

Positive news for travelers 👍
Old Jul 29, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I do wonder, though, why it takes two hours to produce the results. They should be available within 15 minutes.

And as the service doesn't need a lab, why can't they rent a room at the airport instead of locating this at HQ.

But yes, the idea is good. Let's hope they add a clear list of countries that accept the antigen test, as well.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:59 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Too bad that most instances require a PCR-test. Which takes at Terveystalo more than 24 hours and costs around 200 euros. AY Gold/Plat passengers get a small discount. Or a testing voucher for 71320 AY points.
esledo and Clydez like this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 1:26 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I'm (not) surprised that they have completely forgotten that they have a loyalty program in place when introducing these tests. Wholesale price of rapid antigen tests would be no higher than €2 per test, and you don't need more than 10 minutes of labour time to process each of them.
esledo likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
What a bargain. I did a few rapid tests in the past months and they cost between 0€ and 20€, with a 15 minute waiting time. All these are very good reasons to stay loyal to AY.
remymartin likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:50 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
In the past three weeks I've done rapid antigen tests that Finnair would've charged 650 eur for and the Terveystalo cartel 2000+ eur, all at a cost of 0 eur. All results gave the official EU covid certificate in English and local language, and with the QR code, in 15 min. Cashing in with government regulations for health safety by the unhinged greed that the cartel has demonstrated should be illegal.
Ed Size, FFlash, Teppo and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 5:25 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Terveystalo covid-test results now integrate with Kanta and vaccination data. This I find quite handy, as this EU-grade certificate is easily available in mobile devices as well as for printing and difficult to falsify. It has to be mentioned that also municipal health centers and hospitals charge around 190 eur for a PCR-test and certificate for travelers. Antigen tests are not sufficient for many countries. If traveling for work, the cost is of course tax-deductible or employer-deductible.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by TTL
Terveystalo covid-test results now integrate with Kanta and vaccination data. This I find quite handy, as this EU-grade certificate is easily available in mobile devices as well as for printing and difficult to falsify. It has to be mentioned that also municipal health centers and hospitals charge around 190 eur for a PCR-test and certificate for travelers. Antigen tests are not sufficient for many countries. If traveling for work, the cost is of course tax-deductible or employer-deductible.
Only because others overcharge it is OK when AY does so too? I can have a PCR test anytime for 49€ and a rapid test for 0€, in some places even the PCR tests are free of charge. If AY would ask for 65€ for a PCR test it would be fine but they only perform a rapid test.

Sorry this is only easy money because travelers need to perform the tests.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I think you guys are being a bit unfair here. While the implementation is far from perfect, it's still an improvement over what is otherwise offered in Finland right now.

From an international perspective, 65 euros is a terrible price. But usually you are more or less forced to take the test here in Finland, so you should compare the price to other providers' antigen tests, and suddenly 65 euros is very fair. (I've personally taken two antigen tests, one in LPA for 25 euros and one at IST airport for 17 euros.)

There is a lot of room for improvement, though In a perfect world it would look like this:
1) AY would provide a clear list of the countries that currently accept the antigen test. Nobody knows what that list looks like in a week or two, but the current list of countries, limited to AY nonstop destinations perhaps, shouldn't be too difficult a task to manage and to update daily
2) This service would be provided at HEL airside, using eg the furthest part of the AY Schengen lounge above gate 26. AY is still paying for the rent, there is a separate entrace. No lab is needed to provide express tests. So let everyone check in normally, go through security and then go and get tested while they wait for boarding. Promise the results in 30 minutes max.
3) Provide the results as an email and SMS; and once pax gets them, offer a paper copy to those who need it.
4) Ask pax for permission to enter the results in the reservation so a new BP with CDOK will automatically be generated in the system, or if this is impossible, have pax pick up their paper copy results and a new CDOK BP from one desk.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
I think you guys are being a bit unfair here. While the implementation is far from perfect, it's still an improvement over what is otherwise offered in Finland right now.

From an international perspective, 65 euros is a terrible price. But usually you are more or less forced to take the test here in Finland, so you should compare the price to other providers' antigen tests, and suddenly 65 euros is very fair. (I've personally taken two antigen tests, one in LPA for 25 euros and one at IST airport for 17 euros.).
Just because others overcharge it is OK if AY is doing so as well? The cost of a rapid in Finnland ist never three times as high as i.e. in Germany, cost of martial, of labour and so on should be pretty similar.

I just find it kind of "unfair" if an airline massively overcharge a service which is needed to use their planes. What´s next charging a 10€ fee for checking the ID at the time of boarding? These tests may not be free but they shouldn't make profits with them.

I m running a few small stores in Germany, and a few weeks ago every visitor needs a test to come in (they are provided free by the government) BUT we also had test available for anyone who did not perform it somewhere else, we charged 4€ for a test, that was what we paid for them. I call this service. Making money out of the needs of the pandemic is just ridiculous. With these test you could travel to any destination which is OK with a rapid test - we provided the needed documentation as well. And wern t the only shops offering this, most of our competition did so.
ffay005, temppa, on22cz and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Compared to the price level of other antigen tests in Finland, I get the impression that AY sells the service without profit. They will get their money from the airfare and provide the service to get more customers.
ffay005, TTL and LoungeEnthusiast like this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 8:13 am
TTL

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Only because others overcharge it is OK when AY does so too?...
Sorry this is only easy money because travelers need to perform the tests.
I do not think I expressed any personal opinions in stating the facts in Finland currently. Of course money is taken from those who are willing (or need) to pay and travel.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by r2d2
Compared to the price level of other antigen tests in Finland, I get the impression that AY sells the service without profit. They will get their money from the airfare and provide the service to get more customers.
I would say that everybody in Finland providing these services and charging that money made a lot of money. I can t see why this should be so expensive in Finland. I could go to the next supermarket here in Germany and buy a test for less than 2€, sometimes less than 1€ and they are good to travel, so let's say you need to pay 2€ for these if you buy them wholesale. I cant see why it should be more expensive to perform than in Finland then ls say in Germany.

I just did a little check on wholesale prices and I can buy tests that are good for flying for less than 70Cent without taxes. Just do the math.

So all you need to add is a little labour time and some set-up for the software. As far as I understand people in Finland are not getting the same wages as people n Norway. Any price over 20€ is just a rip-off.
manywhere and zxcv1 like this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I can't think of any other medical appointment you could get on private healthcare in Finland for 65 e or less.

I assume the service won't become very popular, as more and more people are getting fully vaccinated and there are not that many countries which require a test from fully vaccinated passengers. AY has to prepare for a lot of idle time for the testing personnel. They also have costs for organizing the whole system, cleaning the premises, etc.
TTL and aapee like this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by r2d2
I can't think of any other medical appointment you could get on private healthcare in Finland for 65 e or less.

I assume the service won't become very popular, as more and more people are getting fully vaccinated and there are not that many countries which require a test from fully vaccinated passengers. AY has to prepare for a lot of idle time for the testing personnel. They also have costs for organizing the whole system, cleaning the premises, etc.
They also need to clean planes and lounges, and they pay even for the idle time of pilots. You just can t justify 65€ for that kind of test unless you say I want to make money with it. If they only make 20 tests a day - they can easily afford idlle time and cleaning should be possible without loss of money. If they don t make 20 tests a day the whole idea is kind of senseless, since it would be more efficient if these tests would be performed somewhere at the airport for all passengers.

How many medical appointments on private healthcare you need to perform by law in Finland? There is none in Germany, if its by law its is covered by your mandatory insurance. Is the system different in Finland?

And again, any company which makes extra profits from the needs of a pandemic is acting unfair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.