Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair OnBoard Menu

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2020, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Finnair OnBoard Menu

During the time we've not been flying, champagne seems to have been quietly changed to Pierre Trichet.
OnBoard Menu 4/2020
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lkrt
During the time we've not been flying, champagne seems to have been quietly changed to Pierre Trichet.
OnBoard Menu 4/2020
And the Y bottles got a little bigger.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
And when they actually gonna service these?
Old Jun 21, 2020, 1:38 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Maybe the "New Normal" will be self service?
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Looking at the fine print for LH Y service Japan is now the only region left with complimentary beer and wine at all times, rest of Asia has now joined North America with first meal only.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Looking at the fine print for LH Y service Japan is now the only region left with complimentary beer and wine at all times, rest of Asia has now joined North America with first meal only.

that sucks

I really dislike this concept... they shoulf consider drink vouchers for Top tier Elites (Plat & lumo 10 & 20 per year) Too bad I did not think of that earlier...
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
that sucks

I really dislike this concept... they shoulf consider drink vouchers for Top tier Elites (Plat & lumo 10 & 20 per year) Too bad I did not think of that earlier...
How about an open bar for top tier elites plus a quota of vouchers for your companion(s) and then FA cuts you off when one has had enough?
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The pacakage tour market from Japan still rules supreme it seems.

SK has similar exceptions for Tokyo, and it is basically because the tour operators in Japan threatened to withdraw their business. I assume it is the same here.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The pacakage tour market from Japan still rules supreme it seems.

SK has similar exceptions for Tokyo, and it is basically because the tour operators in Japan threatened to withdraw their business. I assume it is the same here.
Must be, why else would AY enhance everything except Japan?

SK however does include hard liquor AFAIK in Y to NRT.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Must be, why else would AY enhance everything except Japan?

SK however does include hard liquor AFAIK in Y to NRT.
I am not sure of the exact exceptions on SK. I just know that NRT and soon to be HND is less bad than the rest. Thanks to the tour operators.

I remember when SK went buy on board on the European routes as one of the very early legacy carriers the Japanese tour groups connecting had vouchers that got free stuff. Can't remember exactly what. That has since died away.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:35 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
How about an open bar for top tier elites plus a quota of vouchers for your companion(s) and then FA cuts you off when one has had enough?

I honestly doubt that would work well but a set of vouchers for times when you fly Y would be great, many airlines do it notably US airlines all be it on domestics...

personally I tend to fly other airlines in Y then AY mainly for whats included...

I CAN afford to pay for the 2-3 beers I drink in Y but Y should I when other airlines will give it to me gratis 😁
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:37 pm

dont get me wrong a open bar for Elites would be great.

honestly not sure how much ay makes on inflight drink sales to plats and Lumos 😂

we can drink better stuff in the lounge for free but onboard warm beer costs what 7€ a can? (pure guess cannot remember &#128513

Last edited by kauppias; Jun 22, 2020 at 1:08 am
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
we can drink better stuff in the lounge for free but onboard warm beer costs what 7€ a can? (pure guess cannot remember &#128513
Used to be 5 euros, now it seems that the price has increased to 6 euros...
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:10 am

Programs: AY LUMO

Someone has to pay those free beers too
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:14 am

dont get me wrong a open bar for Elites would be great.

honestly not sure how much ay makes on inflight drink sales to plats and Lumos 😂

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Someone has to pay those free beers too
as long as its not me 😂😂

I cannot remember ever having to pay on domestic US flights as a OWE or STE+ even when I had my one comp beer as OWE they tend to comp it anyways which is a nice gesture...

On delta they gave me xx amount of drink tickets which allways lasted for my use the the whole year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.