Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling to Finland

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I have a flight coming up SEA-ORD-HEL (overnight in HEL) HEL-TLV. I have 28 hours in HEL, so My first question is do I need a negative PCR test to enter Finland? Secondly, does Finland have a PLF? Thirdly, to enter Israel because of my long flight, do I have to get a negative PCR test in Finland and if so are they easily accessible for a foreigner? I also don’t know when I’d do that since I arrive 2:15pm into HEL and leave the next day at 7:30pm.
It’s unclear how the israel rules from 1st March look but if you are on one ticket and a test for TLV is required you need a test result by check-in at SEA, not HEL.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin
It’s unclear how the israel rules from 1st March look but if you are on one ticket and a test for TLV is required you need a test result by check-in at SEA, not HEL.
This was what I was unsure about with the night over in Helsinki.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
With a 28-hour layover, I wouldn't be so sure. If the layover was 23:59, then yes, but now you're essentially stopping over in Finland and you probably only have to meet the Finnish requirements at SEA, and Israeli requirements at HEL.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:38 am

Yeah sorry didn’t notice it’s over 24h stop. My bad.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:10 pm

Unless the Israeli government tests are good for 72 hours... I just am not sure what the airline is going to want from me? Also I arrive at 2:15pm in HEL and then depart the next day at 7:30pm so when could I have time for a PCR test in Finland anyway? I am not sure what to do.

Apparently the Israeli government does accept them for 72 hours, but by arrival that may be too late. I am not sure what to do. I will try to get a negative test in Helsinki. Does anyone know the best PCR test that can return within 24 hours and has a QR code?

Last edited by NWplatinum; Feb 24, 2022 at 8:15 pm
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:08 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Unless the Israeli government tests are good for 72 hours... I just am not sure what the airline is going to want from me? Also I arrive at 2:15pm in HEL and then depart the next day at 7:30pm so when could I have time for a PCR test in Finland anyway? I am not sure what to do.

Apparently the Israeli government does accept them for 72 hours, but by arrival that may be too late. I am not sure what to do. I will try to get a negative test in Helsinki. Does anyone know the best PCR test that can return within 24 hours and has a QR code?

You can easily get a PCR test done right at the airport. If needed

Last edited by kauppias; Feb 25, 2022 at 2:45 am
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:22 am

The QR code requirement might be problematic without access to the EU version. There’s a dedicated thread about tests in Greater Helsinki area, although I can’t off the top of my head come up with one that issues QR.

update to add: I see no QR code requirement on Israeli Covid entry website. I can also see antigen 24h is accepted so arranging that should be trivial.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:02 am
Suspended

Every test in Finland generates a QR code (EU DCC) for Finnish citizens at least, so it may be possible to call ahead and ask about such a code for others.. But once again, no idea what Israel requires. As I and others mentioned earlier, you can get a PCR test at the airport with results pretty much guaranteed by the next morning from 9lives, Finnair and Aava.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:40 pm

A QR code would be preferred but not a necessity. A negative PCR test will need to be done upon landing in HEL, I think. I appreciate all you friendly Fins helping me find a place to do it before the flight to Israel the next day.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 3:42 am

A QR code would be preferred but not a necessity. A negative PCR test will need to be done upon landing in HEL, I think. I appreciate all you friendly Fins helping me find a place to do it before the flight to Israel the next day.
If you’re fully vaccinated, you’re unlikely to get tested in HEL.

As antigen is accepted in Israel, it would be far more efficient and frugal to opt for that instead of self funded PCR.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 4:31 am

https://www.testaakorona.fi/

Cheapest and fastest. Antigen and PCR both available. I have used it many times. Testing locations are right in the middle of the Helsinki in "Kamppi" and near the airport "Tammisto". When you scroll down to the bottom of the website there is English information and also the booking engine can be switched to English language.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
If you’re fully vaccinated, you’re unlikely to get tested in HEL.

As antigen is accepted in Israel, it would be far more efficient and frugal to opt for that instead of self funded PCR.
My understanding was you needed a PCR test upon departure and landing for Israel?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:39 pm

My understanding was you needed a PCR test upon departure and landing for Israel?
https://corona.health.gov.il/en/abro...israel-by-air/
Old Feb 27, 2022, 2:13 am

I would suggest looking the information about entry requirements via this website: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/ instead of relying on different websites.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
I m looking forward to my next trip to Lappland, ROV was nicely priced by AY, I ve been there a couple of times now and came to a point where I need some tips on "What to do/Where to go" So any suggestions from you guys? We will be there in early August, renting a car and planing to go to the Nordkap. So just let me know what are the "must dos" in that region, no matter if its nature, hotels, food or whatever come to your mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.