Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling to Finland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The new "EU-style" certificates are now on the Omakanta website - it's a pdf file, I don't know if any mobile app is available yet.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
A bit misleading:

Last edited by florens; Jun 22, 2021 at 2:39 am
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:12 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
This is a long post, but am I accepted to Finnair flight to Helsinki from South-Europe without a rapid antigen test/ PCR test as I am citizen of Finland and have first dose of corona vaccination? IATA Covid 19 Map says that fully vaccinated or one dose and positive covid infection recovered. Finnair site in Finnish says that one dose allows boarding their flight. OKAY: Flores post says yes.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:40 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
The new "EU-style" certificates are now on the Omakanta website - it's a pdf file, I don't know if any mobile app is available yet.
Downloaded it and tried to read the QR code, but to no avail. I wonder what info it holds.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
This is a long post, but am I accepted to Finnair flight to Helsinki from South-Europe without a rapid antigen test/ PCR test as I am citizen of Finland and have first dose of corona vaccination? IATA Covid 19 Map says that fully vaccinated or one dose and positive covid infection recovered. Finnair site in Finnish says that one dose allows boarding their flight. OKAY: Flores post says yes.
You should check with AY, what are their current rules, but already mid-May they accepted pax with only the first jab without any tests. You'll need some sort of certificate about it (the EU-style is already live, so check if your country of residence can provide that) in English. If your jab is from Finland, just download the cert from Omakanta
Abducted Alien likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
I just don t get it, Germany is way below 25 for a week or two but the restrictions are still in place. So how often Finland updates the rules? Monthly, bi-weekly or weekly?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:57 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Ed Size
I just don t get it, Germany is way below 25 for a week or two but the restrictions are still in place. So how often Finland updates the rules? Monthly, bi-weekly or weekly?
According to THL data, the current data is from 7–15 June.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Theoretically, it's weekly. I'm not surprised that doesn't hold true. It took at least two weks until HU, PL, RO made the list.

However, ECDC shows over 40 for Germany: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea
Ed Size likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by ffay005
Downloaded it and tried to read the QR code, but to no avail. I wonder what info it holds.

Originally Posted by Ministry of Social Affairs and Health

Certificate validator app to be introduced on 1 July

The content and accuracy of the EU Digital COVID Certificate can be checked using a digital validator app. The validator app will be introduced in Finland on 1 July. It is a mobile application designed for the use by authorities responsible for health security at border crossing points. They will use it to scan the QR code of the vaccination certificates. Travellers can show the certificate on paper or on their mobile phones. The QR code will show the name and vaccinations of the traveller.
The validator app will be primarily used by health authorities and authorities providing executive assistance, such as the Border Guard.
Full press release
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
FWIW, I could not read the Finnish cert QR code, but the EU cert seems to decode fine (using zbar-tools).

Updated:
So what you get is the same data as you can read on the rest of the document, including the certificate URN, plus the passport-transliterated names. The whole thing is formatted as CBOR, then compressed (raw) with Zlib and finally encoded in Base45. There's also binary stuff which I didn't take the time to figure out, presumably a digital signature.

Last edited by Courmisch; Jun 22, 2021 at 11:27 am
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Somebody motivated could probably build the Android or iOS app from the DGCA repositories on Github: https://github.com/eu-digital-green-certificates
Old Jun 22, 2021, 4:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
So if I'm a fully vaccinated Canadian citizen and resident but I've spent 2 weeks in Iceland, can I fly to Finland from Iceland?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:00 am

If you're carrying a Canacian passport, then right now, the answer is 'no'. A fully vaccinated EU / Schengen citizen is welcome, though.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 4:09 am

If you're carrying a Canacian passport, then right now, the answer is 'no'. A fully vaccinated EU / Schengen citizen is welcome, though.
I thought anyone could enter Finland from Iceland, as long as you've entered Schengen legally? And didn't Iceland change the rule so that anyone who's vaccinated can enter Schengen at KEF, only subject to the usual passport/visa rules?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Im a new user
I thought anyone could enter Finland from Iceland, as long as you've entered Schengen legally? And didn't Iceland change the rule so that anyone who's vaccinated can enter Schengen at KEF, only subject to the usual passport/visa rules?
There seems to be no internal control from Iceland so that's why I asked the question. I know I would not be allowed flying in from Canada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.