Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Finnair forum Quiz, games, jokes -thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK

Boredom set in so I tried to create something new. Thought about having Finnair or aviation related thread to up the spirit when boredom sets in or something funny to share.

I start with an easy one. Quiz, this is very easy answer, but funny story too.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Guess who?

I was taking photo of Schengen lounge food. Andrei appears from kitchen and proposes me to change pic angle 180degrees with apron view. I jokefully propose him to swap duties. He does not get it at first, but we continue chatting and joking. Andrei speaks with quite broken finnish but it makes it just more fun.

A ”What is your...duty...then?”(mikää ninku sun...ammati...on sitten?)
Me ”I just fly every week. Too much”
A ”Da...someone...flies every day”(jokuu lentä joka päivä)
Me ”Aha”
A ”He...comes here every day”(Se...tule tänne joka päivä)
Me ”Every day??? (bit surprised by fake)
A ”Yeah...in the morning he come early...then afternoon again...these...Sweden flights go” (joo...aamula se tule aikaisin...sitten taas päivälä......näitää...Ruotsin lentoja mene..)
Me suprised look ”Oho, how is that? Did you chat with what he does?”
A ”Yee...something...this...hobby thing...kind of thing” (joo...jotain...semmonen...”hobby” juttuja...silleen jotain”
Me ”Oh...hobby??? thing...THAT is quite..”thing”

And then Andrei is interrupted from pleasing me as customer to go back to kitchen.
SPBanker, SuloL and Superrman like this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:16 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Must be lkrt.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:19 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Must be lkrt.
I only go to OUL.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Must be lkrt.
I dont know the correct answer but we need someone to confess?
Or then I need to ask them next time about who was drinking and what everyday morning and afternoon?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:45 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
In the 90s, my dad's friend worked for a large Finnish company, and they wanted him stationed in Stockholm. He agreed on the condition that he could fly in every morning and back home after work, to be with his family. AY+ didn't have any tiers then, I think, but he got 10 segments every week.

Back in those days, AY and SK operated the "shuttle" service once an hour from gate A2.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ffay005
In the 90s, my dad's friend worked for a large Finnish company, and they wanted him stationed in Stockholm. He agreed on the condition that he could fly in every morning and back home after work, to be with his family. AY+ didn't have any tiers then, I think, but he got 10 segments every week.

Back in those days, AY and SK operated the "shuttle" service once an hour from gate A2.
I know Plat became a thing in 1999 and Lumo in 2018 but when did AY+ introduce Silver and Gold?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I know Plat became a thing in 1999 and Lumo in 2018 but when did AY+ introduce Silver and Gold?
I think I started flying 2001 and must have been there then. So I guess, 1999!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
I think I started flying 2001 and must have been there then. So I guess, 1999!
AFAIK Plat was introduced in 1999 due to AY joining OW, Silver and Gold must've been earlier?

EDIT

http://web.archive.org/web/199911270...plus/cards.htmThis indicates Silver and Gold were available before Sep 1999

On September 1, 1999 Finnair joined the oneworld™ airline alliance. This greatly expands members' benefits and offers you an even wider and more flexible flight network.
oneworld brings with it a change in award levels; the three-tier program is now four-tier: above the former Plus, Silver and Gold tiers is the Finnair Plus Platinum tier. And you can collect Plus points on oneworld airlines flights. oneworld points are also accumulated to your tier points.
NoWindowSeat and SPBanker like this.

Last edited by miamiflyer8; Feb 5, 2020 at 2:06 pm
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: Finnair Plat
History: I found this when cleaning my old files recently. At that point, back in -96, there were basic-silver-gold
From Paris I didn't fly that much with Finnair, but things changed and I got my first Plat already -99, right after it was introduced.

BTW now I would protest not getting any points from HEL-KAO-HEL

Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:24 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Yeah it was very different back in the early days of AY and OneWorld, my at least first two, maybe 3, Plat cards where delivered in person by AY rep, they wanted to meet all Plats for a face to face meeting/chat.
intuition likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: Finnair Plat
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Yeah it was very different back in the early days of AY and OneWorld, my at least first two, maybe 3, Plat cards where delivered in person by AY rep, they wanted to meet all Plats for a face to face meeting/chat.
"..In person.." really? Never happend to me, even the still well serving Rimowa was sent to me. Maybe, because I was not based in Helsinki, or?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:31 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Talonmies
"..In person.." really? Never happend to me, even the still well serving Rimowa was sent to me. Maybe, because I was not based in Helsinki, or?
That could be it, I was also then based in Helsinki yes. It was definitely a standard back then, I know others who had it too, in Helsinki area. Tracking period was 24months for Plats so they didn’t do that too often.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: AY Plat OWE
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
They certainly did. When I got my first plat back in early 2000's, AY rep called and asked if she could deliver the card in person. I promised to meet her assuming she would stay over for one cup of coffee at the office. Enjoyed our discussion for while. And the first Plat was for 2 years.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:24 am

https://colnect.com/en/functional_ca...156226-Finnair

Some historical AY+ cards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.