Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2020 Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus
OSL-SIN-OSL

As the double point period is closing up, I am tempted to buy flights OSL-SIN (via HEL) and returning from SIN on the same day. In September the prices seems pretty reasonable. Does anyone has experience/knowledge would they allowed you to board in HEL and/or to get to SIN as you have return tickets. Trying to make sense on IATA and Finnair sites without any big success...
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
SIN is very decently priced from many places, so I understand your desire. However, SIN has restrictions on transiting, so probably no. The transfer route must be preapproved by CAAS:
Passengers are not allowed to transit Singapore.
- This does not apply when traveling on airlines with transfer routes approved by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS). Passengers must check with airlines if they have the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS)'s approval, before purchasing tickets.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Probably they dont allow You board in OSL:

Transferring via Singapore from Finnair flight AY131 to other destinations is not allowed
This can mean that all transfers in SIN are prohibited arriving with AY131.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus
Thanks alot for the most quick replies OH-LGG & intuition and for clearing up this situation. No September trip to SIN than..
Old Aug 6, 2020, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
How come you expected a discrepancy between award and tier points?
Condition: "Kampanjatarjous ei päde lisätasopisteisiin." = Campaign offer does not apply to extra tier points.

I thought it means that the extra award points are doubled.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Technically you're right, but this is probably just sloppy wording from AY marketing - you might want to fight for those few hundred points, I wouldn't. (especially given the very low odds of success)
Old Aug 6, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Technically you're right, but this is probably just sloppy wording from AY marketing - you might want to fight for those few hundred points, I wouldn't. (especially given the very low odds of success)
Actually in previous promotions double points were always doubling the base points, but they never wrote it explicitly. I‘m sure we would know here if somebody managed to get more than double points on the base points previously.

This time they write it explicitly to avoid wrong expectations but this seems to cause more confusion.
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
So I booked the doublepts promo on the last day, but my flights posted without double.

Meeh to chase few OUL points, though
Old Aug 27, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Now I'm credited as Economy Classic B and 1000 x multiplier.

200% ticket they promise and that is what I bought

So what did you get in the end? Did you settle with 150% for the Y flights or did they give you these 200%?
Old Aug 27, 2020, 2:04 pm

I had total 6 TKU Business Campaign flights during campaign and 2 already fixed to 4500 points but this seems to be difficult operation for AY Plus.

They really dont know what to do and how to do it.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 6:47 am

Now all of my domestic business legs are corrected.

B as Business

Originally Posted by intuition
This will be interesting to follow.
If entire ticket credits based on type, including domestic legs, then a whole new era has begun.
The new era started on 31MAR20 when AY told that points are credited by ticket types. So their promise is 200% and that they will give.

And nothing to do with real cabin class.
WilcoRoger and Steve_Hun like this.

Last edited by OH-LGG; Aug 31, 2020 at 6:52 am
Old Aug 31, 2020, 7:38 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If intended, then yet another step towards the short hauler program of the year

Next interesting thing to see is if/when shorthaul business class light tickets will see a competitive pricing in the long term.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 8:02 am

Lets see if they change rules after all mileage idiots require 200% points from this summer.
cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: Finnair Plat
Buy points with discount -offer:

".. Kun ostat pisteitä itsellesi tai lahjaksi 20.8.–16.9.2020, voit Finnair Plus Platinum -jäsenenä säästää 35 % pisteiden hinnasta.."

Two interesting and new elements:

1. The offer states that "as Platinum member" I can save 35% when buying points. Is this offer only to Plat members?
2. This time the price of the points is discounted by 35% and not that I will get 35% more points, i.e. buy 77.500 points for 650 eur (normally 1.000 eur)
Old Sep 2, 2020, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Talonmies
Is this offer only to Plat members?
Talonmies likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.