Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bulkhead Seats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Bulkhead Seats

Looking at flying to BKK and Finnair is the best value at this point. However, on my last flight, I found the A330 throne seat to be very tight in terms of foot space and couldn't get any sleep. Do the bulkhead seats offer more foot space? (3 of the flights would be A330s and one A350). And if I choose the bulkhead, would I be better off in row 1 or row 10?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
The footwell in row 1 of an A330 is wider as compared to the other rows, so it is a better choice. I would assume this also applies to row 10, but have no personal experience so cannot confirm.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Bulkhead on the A330 has way wider foot space (row 1 and 8), at the A350 it makes no difference. One of the reasons why I always try to get on the A330. But row 10 can be louder and the service can be slow.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Would you say that there are no good seats on the 350? And does the new version (Version 2 as per seatguru) make a difference?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by trebex
Thanks for the replies. Would you say that there are no good seats on the 350? And does the new version (Version 2 as per seatguru) make a difference?
Depends on your person. I would always take the A330 front row seats over any A350 seat in J class. And on the A350 I can t see a real difference between the seats (they are pretty much the same too me). Only that I prefer window seats. For a day flight the A350 is okay (maybe even better then the A330, since the IFE is better, it is quieter and the air feels better) but if you want to sleep - no way.. The seat are to narrow and hard, the foot space is more restricted then on the A330, and I can only lay on one side on the A350 - but I m pretty tall.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
There is a difference on the A350. See the A350 thread for details.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
There is a difference on the A350. See the A350 thread for details.
I can t see or feel the difference - sorry. If its there it must be minimal. I felt uncomfortable in any seat I ever was.

1 A & L
2 A, H & L
3 A
4 A & H
6 A

Most of the time I m in either 1 A or L - and even if it looks roomier on the seat map it feels cramped and I can t see and/or feel the difference. I try to avoid the A350 on night flights at any costs.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I ended up in a bulkhead recently on a 737 and it was very narrow due to the tray having to fold up into the seat separator (not sure if Airbus is the same?). It may not bother some people but at 6'4" - 230# I felt pretty squeezed at the waist the entire trip. I originally took the seat since it was at the front of the plane and I needed to be off quickly. Also, the legroom was nice but I'd be unlikely to take the seat again due to the width. If you're slim and are just looking for legroom it's probably not a bad way to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.