Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

LH Upgrade vouchers not to be used as SH Upgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:41 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver

I asked AY+ to utilise two of my expiring LH vouchers for a HEL-ZRH flight in December:

"19.09.2019 08:45

Hi Team,
I have 2 Long Haul AY upgrade vouchers, and would like to use these for our (2 Pax) flights departing HEL to ZRH on 27.12.19 as I will not be able to use any of them on any Long Haul flights before they expire.
Thanks,
"

AY+ Reply:

"19.09.2019 09:57

Dear Cupart,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the upgrades.

According to your Finnair Plus account, you have one (1) European voucher and two (2) Long Haul vouchers left until 30th November 2019. The actual travel date can be later.
Unfortunately original Long Haul upgrade can not be switched to European vouchers.

If you want to check possibility for upgrades on that route, please use Manage my booking –service at websites https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/manage-booking-login
or contact by calling [mod: elite contact information redacted].

Have a wonderful week.
"

I'm quite sure I have read, here in FT, that LH upgrade vouchers in deed could be used for SH flights, and someone even complained that one LH only matched on SH upgrade (which I'm not asking for)...

So, which is it and what should I do based on the answer I got from CS?

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Sep 19, 2019 at 5:34 am Reason: Redaction of elite contact information
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I have upped SH with Lh viucher recently.
HUACA.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:25 am

I exchanged 4x SH to 1x LH recently without problems. I would've expected that they'd convert your 1x LH to 4x SH too and then just use one of them for the upgrade. Maybe ask that way? (TBH I have never tried the other way around, but it'd be strange if that didn't work?)
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by elventhor
I exchanged 4x SH to 1x LH recently without problems. I would've expected that they'd convert your 1x LH to 4x SH too and then just use one of them for the upgrade. Maybe ask that way? (TBH I have never tried the other way around, but it'd be strange if that didn't work?)
It doesn’t. The rules specifically state you can exchange 4SH’s for one longhaul, not the other way around.

Still, one longhaul voucher towards a SH flight should work. I suggest you call in instead of emailing them.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:00 am

Agree. Have been able to upgrade a SH flight with an LH voucher multiple times, some weeks back most recently. Exchange ratio 1:1 though but irrelevant as I have no need to upgrade LHs.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OHKRT
Agree. Have been able to upgrade a SH flight with an LH voucher multiple times, some weeks back most recently. Exchange ratio 1:1 though but irrelevant as I have no need to upgrade LHs.
you should shout out this here, somehow
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
They may have misunderstood, the CS thought you want to exchange 1 LH to 4 SHs then do the upgrades, maybe call them and specify 1 LH voucher for 1 SH upgrade, i dont see why they cant do it.

In the end AY wins in this exchange.
ffay005 and FFlash like this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by OHKRT
I will gladly take those LH vouchers off your hands
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Clydez
They may have misunderstood, the CS thought you want to exchange 1 LH to 4 SHs then do the upgrades, maybe call them and specify 1 LH voucher for 1 SH upgrade, i dont see why they cant do it.

In the end AY wins in this exchange.
This.

”that’s 5 euros please”
”sure, here’s 20€ bill”
”no you cannot use a 20€ bill to pay this, it is 4 times too big. You can only buy this with a 5€ bill”
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FFlash
This.

”that’s 5 euros please”
”sure, here’s 20€ bill”
”no you cannot use a 20€ bill to pay this, it is 4 times too big. You can only buy this with a 5€ bill”
No tipping policy?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
No tipping policy?
”Yeah, I pay with 20€ bill, you can keep the rest”
”I am sorry it cannot be done”
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I will gladly take those LH vouchers off your hands
as long as they go for SH upgrades good to me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.