Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Current and historical promotions

This is a thread for reporting details of promotions in the Finnair+ program.

The purpose of the wiki is to keep a repository of current and historical promotions. This works best if all details are given in a post of the thread. Once such a post is made, edit the wiki and add a short description of promo in headline-style, with a link to the post that holds the detailed information. (You can create such a link by right-clicking the post-number and copy link location).
Do not link to the promo itself from the Wiki, as the promo page is likely to disappear once the promo ended and such link will die, leaving the wiki sans historical info.

2018 and earlier promotions can be found here.
Print Wikipost

2019 Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:16 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
They've added the anti-LGG-clause anyway, so not that exciting.

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
The extra points may be awarded only once.
OH-LGG likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by intuition
They've added the anti-LGG-clause anyway, so not that exciting.
I would categorise these point bonuses into four tiers.

1) Double/triple/whatever tier points for all flights
2) Double/triple/whatever award points for all flights
3) extra N tier points for 1 flight
4) extra N award points for 1 flight.

Been an a while since category 1 or 2 campaigns have been available. Seems to be mostly category 4 these days.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
What, it is a max 2000 extra points total campaign? Why do they even bother?
intuition, cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by deissi
What, it is a max 2000 extra points total campaign? Why do they even bother?
Probably they had some sort of obligation from oneworld to organise a "celebration" for the 20th anniversary and this was the cheapest way to say that it is done...
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Probably they had some sort of obligation from oneworld to organise a "celebration" for the 20th anniversary and this was the cheapest way to say that it is done...
Should have done with total 20k, for X flights. then im interested. almost half LH J
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Not sure if it was 10 years ago of when, but one OneWorld campaign offered points on how many different carriers one flew on. Then again, those days crediting was not discriminative to other FFPs. Nowadays the earnings from other airlines suck, and more often than not, I end up buying a •A or Skyteam ticket instead of buying a BA, AA etc. Ticket. Low status at a different alliance is handier than reduced points earnings.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: AY+, HH Gold
Anyone living outside Finland who has received a similar promo?

Only flights from Finland, for residents of Finland, and excludes the Christmas travel period. I'm giving this a thumbs down unless they are sending a separate promo for their non-Finnish members later on...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by Eyrie
Anyone living outside Finland who has received a similar promo?

Only flights from Finland, for residents of Finland, and excludes the Christmas travel period. I'm giving this a thumbs down unless they are sending a separate promo for their non-Finnish members later on...
didn't even get it living in Finland. So dont expect too much from AY. They are not even trying
ffay005, esledo and Eyrie like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: *G, AY Plat Lumo
Found an energy drink (2€) from RTV but Decanter was still out of Koristeluraappas. They offered me a steel straw (1,45€) instead to enjoy my RTV drink. 5/5 service, would use Decanter again!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by strx
Found an energy drink (2€) from RTV but Decanter was still out of Koristeluraappas. They offered me a steel straw (1,45€) instead to enjoy my RTV drink. 5/5 service, would use Decanter again!
Koristeluraappa and stuff = up to 15k points.
OW 20 years = 2k points.

Sounds about right.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I think this sums up my views on current and recent promotions

And this

Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
For the summer campaign: Finnair Shop features CO2 offsetting vouchers, which you can buy for 1 eur. No delivery fees, and should not fall under pre-order purchases.

Is it possible to collect points from ordering the koristeluraappa online?
Trav1970 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Originally Posted by zxcv1
For the summer campaign: Finnair Shop features CO2 offsetting vouchers, which you can buy for 1 eur. No delivery fees, and should not fall under pre-order purchases.

Is it possible to collect points from ordering the koristeluraappa online?
Do you have a datapoint that this finnair shop works and you get the marking?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: *G, AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by zxcv1
That doesn't work that way so you'll not see "Possible Finnair Plus points to be earned" text in the shopping cart.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Thanks for pointing this out. Edit: The T&C are so obscure that even AY+ CS were unable to provide an answer to which Finnair Shop products count towards the Challenge. AY Chat suspected that everything including the vouchers should work, but was not sure. So it remains completely unclear.

Last edited by zxcv1; Aug 12, 2019 at 3:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.