Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Upgrade and seat advice on upcoming HEL > EDI trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club

I will take my first AY flight next week HEL > EDI on 17/01/19 then EDI > HEL on 24/01/19, I am Currently BAEC Silver (OWS) and I received an email from Finnair last night offering an upgrade to Business class for my return on the 24th for 90 Euros what's your thoughts on this, is it a good price and worth the upgrade I currently have 11A selected for this flight which I believe to be Extra legroom (Embraer 190) I have 11C for the HEL > EDI leg of the trip.

Any advice would be gratefully received thanks in advance,

Colnic2011
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Sorry I just noticed there is an upgrade thread, can a MOD please move this to the appropriate thread.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Hi Colnic

Few items here:
As BAEC, crediting flight there would earn the original booking class by the book, but who knows if you try and see if you get upgraded class avios?

remember that you are not guaranteed an empty middle seat in C class on Embrar since it is 2-2 config

Otherwise 90€ is not a bad offer, I might take it if it was on A3xx plane and I had no Plat AY card
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:51 am
Suspended

It's equivalent to paying 90 euros for a meal and lounge access (nvm you get that with the card anyway) with worse legroom..
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mpkz
It's equivalent to paying 90 euros for a meal and lounge access (nvm you get that with the card anyway) with worse legroom..
Thank you I think you have just helped me make my decision. On another note I have only been in the Almost @ Home lounge how does the Finnair lounge compare??
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Colnic2011
Thank you I think you have just helped me make my decision. On another note I have only been in the Almost @ Home lounge how does the Finnair lounge compare??
As the Premium Lounge is under renovation and closed (you'd have access courtesy of your Sapphire status) right now, it'll be the normal non-Schengen Business lounge which IMHO is terrible. It lacks any soul whatsoever - basically just a big room with rows of seats and some tables and a service area to the side. And it has a tendency to get super crowded when you have a bunch of Asian departures nearby plus the offerings are very basic. I actually prefer the Almost @ Home to it, to the point that I'm considering going there instead tomorrow before my LHR flight. Food is slightly better I'd say, beverages are on par but it's usually quite empty and I prefer the "homeliness" concept.
Colnic2011 and cistavoda like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
What are the Almost@Home lounge access rules? AY pax have access?
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
What are the Almost@Home lounge access rules? AY pax have access?
If you have a DC card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.