Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mpkz
The following AY short and middle haul flights are currently operated by widebodies:
AY1331/1332 HEL-LHR-HEL, A359, D
AY1337/1338 HEL-LHR-HEL, A333, D

AY1411/1412 HEL-FRA-HEL, A359, 6 (until 29OCT22)

AY1963/1964 HEL-DXB-HEL, A330, 135 (during winter 22-23)

As a rule, service will be the usual AY shorthaul concept both in Y and J, with the exception of IFE (available free of charge to all, with cheap in-ear headphones provided in J and Y) and internet (longhaul rules apply, ie Plats get free wifi for the duration of the flight, Golds and J get one hour). Y+ seats are sold as extra legroom seats with no special service, but cannot be chosen free of charge unless you're Plat or Lumo.

DXB is an exception, see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finn...dubai-dxb.html for details.

Print Wikipost

Widebodies on non-longhaul flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
What are the odds of having 350 instead of 330 on AY1338? I mean, based on 350 rotation, is such option even feasible?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
What are the odds of having 350 instead of 330 on AY1338? I mean, based on 350 rotation, is such option even feasible?
I have no idea about the odds, but seems to be possible, as I have an A350 (32J version) operating as AY1338 in a couple of weeks.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:44 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Starting from 30MAR20 AY1337/1338 HEL-LHR-HEL is 359
And now 1337/1338 is back to A333 during summer 2020 schedules.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:56 pm

On this Sunday’s Helsingin Sanomat there was a story of pilots. As an example the flight went from HEL-BRU. As a side note it was mentioned that there were only 56 passengers on the A330. However, the cargo belly was full.

Why is it so difficult to get an upgrade on BRU wide-body flights and why is it so expensive to buy a I class ticket on these empty flights.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:38 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by nordic
On this Sunday’s Helsingin Sanomat there was a story of pilots. As an example the flight went from HEL-BRU. As a side note it was mentioned that there were only 56 passengers on the A330. However, the cargo belly was full.

Why is it so difficult to get an upgrade on BRU wide-body flights and why is it so expensive to buy a I class ticket on these empty flights.

I do NOT recall ever seeing a Good price or even half decent price on European routes in J...

i really wish AY would wake up and sell a restricted J class like J campaign in Europe as it would sell well for sure...

what am I missing here?

I buy J tickets for comfort (not on AY obviously as they price themselves out) not so much for flexibility, infact over a million miles flown I have changed a flight once not including same day stand by in the US...

on sh aircraft there is no reason not to sell J campaign type of fare since the J cabin is quite amendable 😂😂
vulle, Flythe96flag and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: AY
Originally Posted by kauppias
I do NOT recall ever seeing a Good price or even half decent price on European routes in J...
When looking at the current campaign prices on AY site, why AGP and ALC are the cheapest ones (499€)? For all other destinations in Europe, the J prices vary between 700€ and 1200€..
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Apparently the twice-weekly DXB widebody service continues to 12APR20. Added to wiki (old date was 27MAR20).
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005
Apparently the twice-weekly DXB widebody service continues to 12APR20. Added to wiki (old date was 27MAR20).
It continues to 17APR20
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Oh damn, I made a stupid mistake. I checked the dates via ITA, looking for roundtrips Fri-Sun. Of course it didn't occur to me that if the last date is a Friday, then the whole roundtrip will not appear because there is no return available...
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:55 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by ffay005
Oh damn, I made a stupid mistake. I checked the dates via ITA, looking for roundtrips Fri-Sun. Of course it didn't occur to me that if the last date is a Friday, then the whole roundtrip will not appear because there is no return available...
Who needs ITA when we have OH-LGG?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:29 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Is it possible to book HEL-LHR-MAD on ay engine somehow? I am still too noob to use ITA or such.
Looking for a MAD booking and direct HEL-MAD is in my opinion...mad choice if you can ride widebodies via LHR.
Thanks for helpies my businetic bikey friends.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
Originally Posted by FFlash
Is it possible to book HEL-LHR-MAD on ay engine somehow? I am still too noob to use ITA or such.
Looking for a MAD booking and direct HEL-MAD is in my opinion...mad choice if you can ride widebodies via LHR.
I cannot see such a combination with AY on matrix so I doubt you could book it online. BA had some fares with LHR stop, but I couldn’t see any where HEL-LHR was a codeshare on AY widebody (only checked a couple of dates though).
Old Feb 7, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
I am not aware that this can be booked as a Finnair ticket. It works as a BA ticket, with BA/IB flights. Same thing with many destinations in Europe which are BA destinations but not Finnair destinations. My solution has been two separate tickets (in my case typically ZRH/BSL-LHR and LHR-HEL). This leads to the hassle and risk of two separate bookings, but often the total price can be less than the direct Finnair flight (e.g. ZRH-HEL) and one gets great lounges and widebodies. If anyone has better solutions for this, I would also be interested.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by mhle
I am not aware that this can be booked as a Finnair ticket. It works as a BA ticket, with BA/IB flights. Same thing with many destinations in Europe which are BA destinations but not Finnair destinations. My solution has been two separate tickets (in my case typically ZRH/BSL-LHR and LHR-HEL). This leads to the hassle and risk of two separate bookings, but often the total price can be less than the direct Finnair flight (e.g. ZRH-HEL) and one gets great lounges and widebodies. If anyone has better solutions for this, I would also be interested.
This is exactly what we do, too.
mhle likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by DrSickle
I cannot see such a combination with AY on matrix so I doubt you could book it online. BA had some fares with LHR stop, but I couldn’t see any where HEL-LHR was a codeshare on AY widebody (only checked a couple of dates though).
BA code would work too in J, if they had attractive pricing and HeL segment on AY metal. I doubt it.
Well why not check IB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.