Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Is 1 hr 15 min at ARN stockholm from T2 to T5 enough for iceland connection (AY6823)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is 1 hr 15 min at ARN stockholm from T2 to T5 enough for iceland connection (AY6823)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Is 1 hr 15 min at ARN stockholm from T2 to T5 enough for iceland connection (AY6823)

Hello People, I am traveling from Delhi to Iceland (Reykjavik) on schengen tourist visa in on 23 Dec'18 via Finnair.. I have a single ticket/PNR for my onwards and return journey. I have a concern about my onwards flights schedule,there are 2 stops in between - 1st is at Helsinki where i have ample 5.5 Hr layover time, from Helsinki next stop is Stockholm (ARN airport), here is where i am concerned. Arrival will be at terminal 2 of Stockholm and next connecting flight (Finnair/Iceland air) is from terminal 5. below are my query -1) Is 1.15 Hr connection time enough for me to get out of flight move from terminal 2 to terminal 5 ?
2) Would i require to pass again from security control in between the two terminals ?
3) Best and fastest way with detailed guideline to swiftly move between the two terminals once i land at Stockholm T2.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Yes, that is plenty of time.

You can find a wiki about ARN at ARN Connection [merged]. It contains the required information about airside transfer within Schengen.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:52 am
Original Poster

I checked that already but not got a satisfactory response to my specific query
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by shivam2004
Hello People, I am traveling from Delhi to Iceland (Reykjavik) on schengen tourist visa in on 23 Dec'18 via Finnair.. I have a single ticket/PNR for my onwards and return journey. I have a concern about my onwards flights schedule,there are 2 stops in between - 1st is at Helsinki where i have ample 5.5 Hr layover time, from Helsinki next stop is Stockholm (ARN airport), here is where i am concerned. Arrival will be at terminal 2 of Stockholm and next connecting flight (Finnair/Iceland air) is from terminal 5. below are my query -1) Is 1.15 Hr connection time enough for me to get out of flight move from terminal 2 to terminal 5 ?
2) Would i require to pass again from security control in between the two terminals ?
3) Best and fastest way with detailed guideline to swiftly move between the two terminals once i land at Stockholm T2.
Are all the flights on one ticket? Or is this trip using separately booked tickets and do you have luggage that you plan to check in for the flights?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Are all the flights on one ticket? Or is this trip using separately booked tickets and do you have luggage that you plan to check in for the flights?
I have a single ticket/PNR for my onwards and return journey.
;P

I checked that already but not got a satisfactory response to my specific query
Well, that is the problem with these long threads. All the information is in there, but hard to find. Here you go:

1) Is 1.15 Hr connection time enough for me to get out of flight move from terminal 2 to terminal 5 ?
1) Normally yes, if the incoming flight is on time 1,15hrs is more than enough time. You'll walk land-side about 15 minutes from T2 to T5. You can also take the train which takes about a minute. But going down there, takes longer than heading to T5 directly... There is also a bus from T2 to T5 which allows you to stay airside: https://www.swedavia.com/contentasse...ransferbus.pdf, but sometimes wait for the bus and the ride on the bus takes longer than just walking over as well.
2) If you do not take the bus, as above, yes. If you take the bus, you will not need to clear security again.
3) I'd just head out T2 land-side, follow the signage for T4/Skycity/T5, arrive in T4, keep on walking towards Skycity/T5, arrive in Skycity, keep on walking to T5. Enter T5 air-side by clearing security. Should be about 15 walk if you are walking at a normal adult pace...
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fassy
;P
2) If you do not take the bus, as above, yes. If you take the bus, you will not need to clear security again.
One aspect to take into account is the waiting time at the security check. The security check waiting times at Terminal 5 can be quite long during the rush hours (especially weekdays between 6:30-7:30; the afternoon wave is the other busy time). I usually use the fast track security, but recently had to use the regular one in the morning rush hour and it was about 20 minutes waiting time. If the original poster has access to fast track security, I would walk. But if no access to fast track channels and the transfer occurs in the morning rush hour, I would consider the airside transfer bus.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Last week I made a turn at ARN T2 with about 1hr 15 min. I could go to T5 for Pontus Amex lounge lunch by the airside bus and come back on time for flight back from T2 again.
So, if no irregularities, you will be very fine
remymartin likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Check the flight number in the thread title: AY6823. You can't book that codeshare unless you have a matching AY flight from HEL on the same booking. You have to book the flight as FI313 if you are starting from ARN.

If you search for ARN-KEF tickets on AY's website, you are offered ARN-HEL-KEF, ARN-HEL-OSL-KEF and ARN-HEL-CPH-KEF, but not the direct flight.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FFlash
Last week I made a turn at ARN T2 with about 1hr 15 min. I could go to T5 for Pontus Amex lounge lunch by the airside bus and come back on time for flight back from T2 again.
So, if no irregularities, you will be very fine
I do that kind of thing a bunch too, but there is still no airside bus to get to Terminal 4 from the other terminals, right? I recall some kind of customs regulation being used as the reason for not being able to take an airside bus to Terminal 4, even as it is still possible to take the airside bus from Terminal 4 to Terminal 5.

The wait for the airside Terminal bus seems to often hover around ten minutes or a bit better.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:49 am
Original Poster

@fassy - So my best bet would be to walk landside as per step 3 or take bus as second option. In 1hr 15 min of connection time i donot want to struggle asking for direction and want to keep as much buffer as possible considering any unforseen delay in arrival
@mhle - No, i donot have any fast track option

Last edited by shivam2004; Dec 19, 2018 at 12:18 am Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member on same date.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:53 am
Original Poster

@Some person - My Delhi - > Helsinki - > ARN - > KEF flight numbers are as AY-122 - > AY-819 - > AY6823 . I hope all of these are Finnair flights only as somewhere i read AY6823 is finnair but operated by iceland air.. Can anyone confirm to me if my baggage will be checked in all the way through till landing at KEF considering I'm on single PNR and booking with finnair ?

Last edited by shivam2004; Dec 19, 2018 at 12:19 am
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
I can confirm that AY6823 is an Icelandair flight and not a Finnair flight. Finnair is only the marketing carrier.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:47 am
Original Poster

@deissi - But how is that, all finnair flight start with AY right? so this one is also AY6823 , will this have any impact on my checked baggage ? I hope my baggage will be checked all way through starting from Delhi till KEF right ? I mean hope i would not have to collect back my baggage at ARN and check in again.. That will be a big issue for me in that case as connection time is only 1.15 Hrs
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I wonder if many people migrate from Brisbane to Delhi.
SuloL and cistavoda like this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
@deissi - But how is that, all finnair flight start with AY right? so this one is also AY6823 , will this have any impact on my checked baggage ? I hope my baggage will be checked all way through starting from Delhi till KEF right ? I mean hope i would not have to collect back my baggage at ARN and check in again.. That will be a big issue for me in that case as connection time is only 1.15 Hrs
The AY flight number only denominates that a flight is marketed by Finnair. Any given flight can have numerous flight codes for different airlines, but that does not affect the operating carrier. I would assume that AY has an agreement for checking through baggage with Icelandair, but you can also check in the Finnair.com chat if you are worried.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.